Sign in to follow this  
stephan07

coil

stephan07

i was wondering for any one knew of a parts store part # coil i can use for my 310 to get it going. i have tried to go through the parts store but they seem to only have external resister coil. so the question is can i get a parts store coil that will work for me

BOWTIE

HELLO, YOU SHOULD BE OKAY WITH A STANDARD IGNITION PRODUCTS COIL. PART NUMBER IS UC15 IT WAS COMMON FOR THE OLDER IMPORT CARS AND FARM EQUIPMENT. GOOD LUCK

BOWTIE IN OHIO

• Like 1

bowtiebutler956

Stephan, I just checked :techie-ebay: for you, and they have the coil you need for about $30 to your door, or they have part no. listed for them as well. I assume your :wh: has a Kohler K241. Just type in Kohler K241 coil, and you'll get lots of results. Maybe some of the part numbers will cross refference to something you can buy locally. :twocents-02cents::thumbs:

Matt :flags-texas:

bowtiebutler956

Looks like the other Bowtie beat me to the draw, and gave you a good part no. My hats off to the better Bowtie! :ROTF:

Matt :flags-texas:

Save Old Iron

Try to get an epoxy filled coil. The oil filled coils are much more susceptible to internal damage due to vibration.

The blue Bosch coils are hard to beat performance wise. Expect to pay a few $$$ more for this high end performer.

• Like 1

Coadster32

Great tip SOI. Thanks. :thanks:

stephan07

thanks guys i found a company called prime line that carries parts for these kohlers at oriellies got a coil points and condensor so i am ready to go