Sign in to follow this  
HorseWhisperer

Ranger heart transplant and facelift :)

HorseWhisperer

Independence Day was good in granting me a day off to put my recent purchases and thoughts into full swing!I took my ordinary 67 L-157 Lawn Rangers tired teccy out and swapped wit a revived 8hp Kohler.Got the gas tank remounted perfect with a home remedy bracket and mounted voltage regulator to the bottom of it.I got so lucky with time I decided to strategically cut the uprights on the consoles and add a tool box and fenders from an rj and taper the remaining console into the new height of the toolbox for a nice clean look.I had a little time left and pulled the hubs and added some temporary 12's.I have some vcc 6x12 rims and just bought two Hankook Novak 155-12 snow tires today to add.I am gonna relocate the battery under the seat as it turns out,the darn thing fits right in the tool box on one side!Just need a 4 foot lead to connect!Little more work,find a six speed rear end,swap out spindles from a b or c so I can add 8" tires up front,tear down and paint!Nothing gets done around this house with Horses in the stable!LOL

post-6115-0-09482400-1341525526.jpg

post-6115-0-39342300-1341525545_thumb.jp

post-6115-0-72456300-1341525568.jpg

post-6115-0-72338400-1341525588_thumb.jp

post-6115-0-88217700-1341525609_thumb.jp

• Like 2

Wheel Crazy

I like the look of that! Sharp looking tractor! :handgestures-thumbupright:

AMC RULES

I like it too Kevin, but I gotta admit I'm cringing at the thought of cutting up such an original looking little Ranger.

:ychain:

HorseWhisperer

It was a 67.I also have a vcc 66.I thought about dismantling it and sticking it in the attic but this solution is so much more exciting!More gooder Lol!

AMC RULES

Yeah, I spose...gooder is better.

Can't wait to see more progress. :popcorn:

• Like 1

jay in nc

looks much mo gooder wit du big boy shoes on it. can't wait to see it with the 8 in fronts. great project. Jay

• Like 1

HorseWhisperer

Dropping off the new 12" snows at Wally land to get them impregnated wit sharp shiny studs!I miss the way my ok commando plowed,turned sharp and agile.This lil Ranger is a small package but its gonna push big snow!

bowtiebutler956

Your having way to much fun over there! :ychain:

Matt :flags-texas:

• Like 1

Jake Kuhn

Looks really good! Jake

• Like 1

kpinnc

I like this. I've done the exact same thing with one of my Rangers. The 8-inch wheels up front with that tight Ranger steering works very well. The high steering wheel makes for a very comfortable sitting position for me as well.

Very nice work! I look forward to the progress as well.

• Like 1

HorseWhisperer

I like this. I've done the exact same thing with one of my Rangers. The 8-inch wheels up front with that tight Ranger steering works very well. The high steering wheel makes for a very comfortable sitting position for me as well.

Very nice work! I look forward to the progress as well.

In adding your 8 inch fronts did you have to swap spindles or were you able to find rims/ tires to fit the short stock Ranger spindles?

kpinnc

In adding your 8 inch fronts did you have to swap spindles or were you able to find rims/ tires to fit the short stock Ranger spindles?

Yes, I had to swap them. I think I used a set from a 1972 Charger 10.

• Like 1

HorseWhisperer

I spent 3 hours and 70 miles searching all my honey holes for 8 inch rims.Two junkyards,two hoarders and two parts jockeys!Tsc and harbor freight.Cant buy 8 inch rims today!

littleredrider

which 8s are you looking for? Front or rear??

smoreau

Miller tire sells them new, but I;m sure some one here could sell you a used set. Put a add in the classifieds. I like the rear fender and tire mod! Gives me some real good ideas for a future project!

• Like 1

HorseWhisperer

Rider-Im after 8 inch fronts with rims.

littleredrider

I got a set of skinny's with brandy new tires. Rims are off a 702 or 753...just need bushings/bearings...

• Like 1

HorseWhisperer

Pm your number and I will give ya shout later today :)

littleredrider

Pm sent. Got other stuff for sale too.. :scratchead:

HorseWhisperer

I furthered my progress by installing the ignition and ran it.It was an untested motor and it purrs.I fit the battery and (Phew)!it fits like I planned!Lol.Mocked up wire routes and added one more coat to rear 6x12 rims.I wish they all fell toghether like this.Sad to get it together only to tear it apart and spray bomb it.Oh the waiting to dry part............

post-6115-0-89762200-1341884678_thumb.jp

post-6115-0-33552400-1341884701_thumb.jp

post-6115-0-28769700-1341884734_thumb.jp

bowtiebutler956

I know what you mean, and especially when using an industrial enamel like I usually spray. It usually takes 2 days before I can start assembly! :banghead: I've never been the patient type, or at least thats what my wife tells me. :ychain: Its looking really good! Can't wait to see it done! :thumbs:

Matt :flags-texas:

• Like 1

HorseWhisperer

Stupid paint!

• Like 1

littleredrider

Called and left a message, just missed your call yesterday!!!

Ken B

Looks like a pretty cool project you got going there. I think it will look sweet when done.

kpinnc

Looks like you're moving right along. I need to get busy with finishing mine!

I like the battery location, but I can't use one like that. My big butt on a bump and I might get a burn from shorting across the posts with the seat... :ychain:

I had to use a motorcycle battery and a fabbed up box, but it worked great:

muledrive107-1.jpg

Yeah, that's a hydraulics "project" on it too...

• Like 2