Sign in to follow this  
Agage1

Electric pto

Agage1

The pto on my 14 automatic runs all the time. Could this just be a bad switch?

ol550

Does it run with the power wire unhooked? If it does the bearing is locked up.

Agage1

dont know just bought it at the show. never had an electric pto, just manual. bought it to run a tiller attatchment. runs good but when i was driving it around the yard i noticed the pto pulley was spinning, flicked the elec. switch and nothing it just kept spinning.

Kelly

Unplug it and see what happens or use a test light turn the key on and see if you have power to the plug at the PTO, if you do trace the wires back to see if it's been hot wired or the switch could be bad.

Agage1

I used a test light and have no power at the pto. I guess I got to start tracing wires. I'm not familiar with the 14 auto or an electric pto so any tips would be appreciated

Kelly

With the engine off, switch off, you should be able to spin the pulleys on the clutch freely, not the whole engine, if not the clutch is probably shot.

Agage1

Pulleys spin freely with motor off. They spin with the motor on with no belt. Could that just be friction causing them to spin. I haven't hooked any attachments to it yet wanna make sure it works first.

Agage1

Hooked up a belt, clutch seems fine, no power to the pto. Think it's electrical problem. Should the wire from the ignition switchbto the pto switch be hot. With the ignition in the on position my test light isn't lighting up. The wire looks like it's in rough shape I just want to make sure the switch is getting power before I replace it. Does anybody have a wiring diagram for the 14 automatic?

Moparfanforever

My 14 Auto w/electric clutch has an ACC on the ign. switch , the key has to be on that and then flip the switch for the clutch. Not sure if that is right , just the way it is. When i first got the tractor , the clutch would shut it self off while using it , turned out the switch was bad.

Agage1

I'm not getting any power to the pto switch at all. I have a green and a red wire that go from the ignition switch to the pto switch. I ran a quick continuity check tonite when I got home and both tested fine. I'm a little hesitant to just replace the switch when I haven't confirmed that it's getting power yet. I haven't tested the other wires on the pto switch yet, just the 2 coming from the ignition

Kelly

Try a jumper wire right to the clutch, one wire is ground the other is power, it should make a clank sound if the clutch is good and you will see it move in and out as power is applied and removed