Sign in to follow this  
Crow Horse

36" RD Deck Interchange...5-0622

Crow Horse

I have a 1975 B-80 that currently has a 5-0722 SD deck that is in really rough shape. I'd like to replace it with a 5-0622 rear discharge deck which I haven't been able to find "locally". What other deck models will fit up to my B-80 with tachamatic? I tried the Toro interchange, but the format makes it so time intensive to look through all the later years. Any help would be appreciated.....

All Good Medicine,

Crow

varosd

any 36 deck will fit with the same attachment hitch. some smart folks have been also able to fab up some of the olderstyle decks to work in the attachmate system. if you can make it to the big WH show here in PA this weekend, sure there will decks galore!

all decks would be able to attach, 42/48 but by the manual those were for 10hp and up although some have run a 42 with a 8 hp engine

can whlvr

my 308-8 was purchased new with a 42 side discharge and she could turn it most of the time,depends on your grass condition,is it thick and fast growing,up here this year(been drought)you could put a 60 inch and it would work,but i would not run a 42 on an 8 now that i did it for sevaeral years and finallt blew the rod out the side of the block,at least i knew what to do with the motor,no guessing whether to rebuild or not :banghead:

Crow Horse

I want to stick with the 36" deck as not to put excess stress on the 8........

Kelly

Stick with the 36" deck, yes the 8hp will run a bigger deck but it will be working it much harder than it should be, my brother used a 42SD deck on his C-81 it mowed fine till the grass got tall in the fall and the next spring.