Sign in to follow this  
c161rat

Camping at the big show

c161rat

I am planning on camping at the show. I have never been to the show before and don't know what to expect as far as accommodation. Will I be able to find power in the camping areas. I will be tent camping but would like to have power for lights,tunes and to blow up my air mattress. Also are there any picnic tables, fire rings and such???? I am also toying with the idea of smoking a couple pork butts on Friday for pulled pork sandwiches if anyone is interested......People come from miles around for my smoked butt sandwiches!!!!!!!! LOL

buckrancher

there is only power at the rv hookups if your tent camping and want power you need a generator there are bathrooms and showers

also food made buy a local ladies auxillary group for sale in one of the buildings starting thursday noon they have a dinner meal

on friday night

Brian

squonk

there is only power at the rv hookups if your tent camping and want power you need a generator there are batrooms and showers

also food made buy a local ladies auxillary group for sale in one of the buildings starting thursday noon they have a dinner meal

on friday night

Brian

I hate to nit pic Brian but when you said batrooms , all I could think about were toilets at the steam pageant! :ychain::):hide: :jaw:

buckrancher

there is only power at the rv hookups if your tent camping and want power you need a generator there are batrooms and showers

on friday night

Brian

I hate to nit pic Brian but when you said batrooms , all I could think about were toilets at the steam pageant! :ychain::):hide::jaw:

that's what i get for not proof reading :banghead: batroom (might be late at night :laughing-rolling: )

(fixed it) :popcorn:

Brian

oldredrider

Hey c161rat, I'm planning on bringing the C-141 with a generator to inflate our air mattresses and any thing else that may need power. I will certainly trade power for GOOD barbeque!

As far as the lights and tunes, you may want to consider battery power.

squonk

on friday night

Brian

I hate to nit pic Brian but when you said batrooms , all I could think about were toilets at the steam pageant! :ychain::):hide::jaw:

that's what i get for not proof reading :banghead: batroom (might be late at night :laughing-rolling: )

(fixed it) :popcorn:

Brian

I get to blame my typo's on a wireless keyboard. When the battery gets low, you wouldn't believe what comes out. Hence my latest in the shoutbox! :hide:

Ken B

Battery power is a real good idea. I bought something to blow up my air mattress at Walmart, it simply plugs into the cigar lighter and it works real good. C'mon up to the corner of the back field. I'll be there with my son along with Stevebo and his entire posse. Charlie should be there and maybe Vin as well. I'm sure we'd all be up for some smokin butt. The accommodations aren't much. Vin might camp out in his friends Hollywood Hotel but most of us will be tenting it. Charlie has been known to simply lay down on the nearest trailer, put his arms behind his head, close his eyes and count sheep till the morning. With no cushion, pillow or blanket!

rmaynard

I can't blame my wireless keyboard for my mistakes. Just ask Brian how many times I have called him "Brain" in emails and such. It's just my fat old fingers.

As far as camping (which was the intent of this thread), if you are going to tent camp, there are plenty of non-hookup spaces available on a first come, first served basis .Bathroom and showers facilities are withing a close walk. Electricity can be found nearby as well. As far as lights, flashlights and gas lanterns work well.

fireman

I'll be camping with the crew in the tent area out behind the bathrooms. I will have my 2000 watt generator if anyone needs power.

stevebo

I too will have a honda 2000 watt generator in the same spot.

squonk

Generator Wars!! :) :) :) :)

squonk

Current conditions in Biglerville are, partly sunny 77 deg. Winds out of the southeast at 4mph. Extended forecast on Weather bug up to Wednesday calls for cactus like weather. Temps close to 90. Bring water. icon_cold.gif

kthack657

Ok which sets of bathrooms peoples...there are two sets :royalty-crown:

buckrancher

karen we'll be where we normally are

brian

Ken B

Generator Wars!! :) :) :) :)

I might have to camp where its going to be quiet! :ychain:

rwilson

I'm with you Ken!