Sign in to follow this  
Evil"X"

12 automatic,5-1010 deck leveling?

Evil"X"

My '73 WH 12 automatic has the 5-1010 side discharge 42" deck. I'm can't seem to lower the front of the deck enough to stop the mower from leaving a crown in the cut. I can lower the rear of the deck just fine. I've gone by the original mower owner's manual. Is there something I'm missing?

Hodge71

Evil, As far as I know, in order to level your deck you use the trunnion in the back. My Dad has the same tractor and deck combo and it doesnt leave a crown. I would try to put it on a hard level surface, place the height control on the deck wheels in the second hole from the top, lower the lift handle, and adjust the rear of the deck up with the trunnion until the front of the mower blade is 1/4" higher than the back. I believe that is factory spec. Not 100 % positive without checking my deck manual..... Hope it helps your issue. I know it does work with his as I put my 48 inch deck on his 12 auto and we had to relevel it for some reason. I guess it sat higher on my 416 for some reason.

Evil"X"

Thanks. I'll try your method with is a little different than the manual. For now I think I'll head up to Clova, QC for a little Northern Pike exercise.