Sign in to follow this  
William Chatham

Trans-axels

William Chatham

Ive noticed many of y wheel horses have the same 8 speed under them my 67 1267 has it and y 94 312-8 has it did they really use them that long?

rmaynard

The 1267 has a model 5060, 4 speed transmission as it's original transmission. The 312-8, as the model number implies, has an 8 speed. If your 1267 has an 8-speed, it was a replacement.

sorekiwi

The 5060 Unidrive is a 6 speed Bob, used in all the '67 tractors and the Raiders. 6 speed with the 10 pinion diff.

The 8 speed in your 312 is very similar to the early box, but with an 8 pinion differential. I dont remember off hand if the 312 uses 1" or 1 1/8" axles

rmaynard

The 5060 Unidrive is a 6 speed Bob, used in all the '67 tractors and the Raiders. 6 speed with the 10 pinion diff.

The 8 speed in your 312 is very similar to the early box, but with an 8 pinion differential. I dont remember off hand if the 312 uses 1" or 1 1/8" axles

Once again the fingers were ahead of the brain. Thanks for correcting me. I meant to type 6 but 4 was the result. My bad. However, if you look at the Wheel Horse Master Model List (), it too is incorrect and shows the 1267 as an 8-speed.

Kelly

The same basic design was started in 1961 in 67 they added a high low range, and with a some variations over the years the uni-drive was the same till the end in 2008, so yes at first look they are pretty much the same.