Sign in to follow this  
TheReDStAnG

Stock up. Tsc removing valspar from stores.

varosd

I love how the can label has the "The best spray nozzle"!!! I am also switching nozzles and have a couple soaking them in paint thinner on the assumption it is the nozzle vs some can valve. these cans don't have the old plastic stem coming out of the can, they have the recessed can valve. I did have problems with another brand with the same style.

That being said, the color of the Majic is better looking than the Rustoleum Regal Red I have used in the past.....I know...I know! :deadhorse:

TSC is not real close by and still looking for a place that carrys the Valspar tractor paint in IH-Red instead of just that "Green and yellow" color!

krazy_horse

Went to the Macon,Ga. TSC last Friday,They have pulled old stock,wish I had read your post sooner. Jim

Staub'sLawnmower

Don't really like the majic paint. The first time I used the black gloss it looked like crap! Can't keep the final coat wet to prevent dry spots. It mottled like crazy! Unlike the pat benatar song "I an't no majic man!!!! Love the valspar and rustolum!

Will

Ken B

I have a full gallon of Resto Series IH red on tap for my next resto. Now all I have to do is find some hardener to add to it......The local TSC doesn't even have hardener for the Majic stuff.

clintonnut

Jake,

I know it sucks, but that has been the law for quite a few years now.

Unfortunately it is not that "they" think you are using the paint for the wrong reasons but more that too many people already have!

I suffer from allergies, for years it was not something that really caused me issues because there were these cool little red pills that made it go away quickly and without problem.

THEN, someone discovered how to use those little red pills to make methamphetamine and now you cannot get those little red pills! Allergies now cause alot of problems and suffering in my life! The new pills do not work! But...they can still make meth out of them?

It is not the stores fault, it is not the lawmakers fault, it is the law breakers fault!

Something you should get used to in life Jake is that all to often in life society pays the consequences for the actions and mis-deeds of a few.

I am not saying it is right, just that it is how it is!

I dealt with the same thing. My TSC had several different cashiers and one was a real jerk about the whole thing and they see me in there all the time covered in grease and carrying car parts... Other cashiers look at me and just run it through. Now that I am 18 no worries.

Forest Road

I've been using Rustoleum farm equip paint in IH red with good results. I can get it in spray and by the quart 1 mile from my house.

Jake Kuhn

well I bought my first can of majic paint yesterday. I HATE IT!!! It sprays way to thick and makes it very hard to not get runs. I'm done to just one can of valspar,I'm afraid to use. Jake

wingrider

I live in central Illinois and we have Farm & Fleet stores that are still selling Valspar Restoration paint. I was at one today, and they had spray cans quarts and gallons,

and hardner to go with it.

Its hard to figure why one sells it and the other one took it off the shelf. Go figure....

Wingrider

Rooster

Going to post this again because a few have asked.

Van Sickle Tractor Paint.

Sprays nice, rattle cans match the quarts/gallons, loks great.

If you kick it up, it gets really Shiney!

They been making paint for like 100 years.....they got it fingered out!

stevasaurus

Lowes does carry Valspar...but not the tractor paints. I would think that you can order it through them. Might have to buy it by the box for the rattle cans. :bow-blue:

clintonnut

Go to an AUTO PLUS parts store. I work at one and I buy their paint. They carry Color Xtra paints which are actually made by Valspar and you can get the same paint that was at TSC for about the same price. Its still made just not sold at TSC. It isn't proprietary....