Sign in to follow this  
TheReDStAnG

Stock up. Tsc removing valspar from stores.

JamesBe1

i like rustolium too,and i just ranted about tsc up here in ontario,they suck period.they are changing for the worse every day,carring toys and clothing that no farmer or tractor enthusiest cares about,mine doesnt have roller chain most of the time,or 3/8 nuts and bolts,they are allways out,so buy more you freaking idiots,your gonna sell it

I noticed the same thing in my area too. And tons of made in china junk. They are slowly turning into walmart.

JUSS10

You know, i still really like my TSC, i get belts there, the hardware is great, sure they dont have some specialty items but they do still carry a fair bit of farming equipment and replacement parts.

I'm bummed to hear about them dropping valspar, i have used it on a few tractors. I will say however, it wasn't near as strong as i expected. i thined it to spray it and also added the hardener but it just didn't seem to hold up that well. maybe i was doing something wrong. regardless, the spray cans are nice to have around for new brackets and impliments that i have built.

As for the rustoleum tractor paint, where do you guys purchase that? I don't know if I've ever seen it before.

Justin

CasualObserver

Is TSC the only retailer that carries it?

I get mine at Fleet Farm or Farm & Fleet. (a couple of chains here in the midwest) I've seen it at other Farm and Home kind of stores. You have to find the ones that carry actual tractor parts and deal with farmers... not Lowes or Home Depot kind of places.

CasualObserver

As for the rustoleum tractor paint, where do you guys purchase that? I don't know if I've ever seen it before.

Rustoleum is available at many hardware store chains, even big box type stores.

JamesBe1

Sorry all if I made the place sound really bad before. It has just changed a lot in the last few years, and the comparison is obvious.

I was down there the other month to get some muck boots for the pasture. I found a great pair of made in USA boots for $20. That's an outstanding deal nowadays.

Rooster

For everyone "stocking up"...

How are you going to match this paint later when you need a touch-up or repair?

Just a thought....

Around here we have "Orschelins" They carry Van Sickle Paint.

We have used it quite a bit and it is good quality paint that stands up!

Plus the company has been making tractor paint for over 100 years & they are not going anywhere!

KATO

I agree on the rustoleum ..love it. my 70 raider is all rustoleum spray bomb. The local TSC stores in Barrie and Orillia

also suck .

KEN

Ken B

Sorry all if I made the place sound really bad before. It has just changed a lot in the last few years, and the comparison is obvious.

I was down there the other month to get some muck boots for the pasture. I found a great pair of made in USA boots for $20. That's an outstanding deal nowadays.

Why be sorry? If they suck then they suck. The local TSC near me is always out of stuff and it takes them forever to restock it. Simple things to. I went to buy a set of simple tractor utility lights not long ago. Of course they only had one on the shelf. The clerk says no stock in back only what is on the shelf. I got the lights elsewhere. Funny thing is that I go there roughly once a week and that same single light was on the shelf for almost a month! Most times I walk out empty handed.

JUSS10

so the rustoleum tractor paint can be bought at a hardware store? i know they carry the professional series rustoleum and other series of rustoleum but have never seen the tractor paint

JamesBe1

Why be sorry? If they suck then they suck. The local TSC near me is always out of stuff and it takes them forever to restock it. Simple things to. I went to buy a set of simple tractor utility lights not long ago. Of course they only had one on the shelf. The clerk says no stock in back only what is on the shelf. I got the lights elsewhere. Funny thing is that I go there roughly once a week and that same single light was on the shelf for almost a month! Most times I walk out empty handed.

Lol. Yeah, plenty of times I've walked out of there empty handed. I went to one looking for some paint and some rain caps for my mufflers, and they had the paint but no rain caps. I decided to go to the other one further away. They had the caps, but only one can of valspar left. I bought some of the new paint to make up the difference.

I have to say, I have gone through a full can of the magic brand paint, and I am liking it so far. It doesn't want to run nearly as bad on vertical surfaces as the valspar does. It covers better and doesn't clog the can as much. But it does seem to take longer to dry. The jury is still out though.

CasualObserver

so the rustoleum tractor paint can be bought at a hardware store? i know they carry the professional series rustoleum and other series of rustoleum but have never seen the tractor paint

Yep, that's it... silver can, Professional Series. Works just fine. They do also have a "Farm Equipment" line (which they carry at my hardware store and Menards where I live) but it's not in Regal Red which is my personal preferred Rustoleum color for Wheel Horse. YMMV.

Jake Kuhn

Although I don't use this much I will have to go get a few cans,it has been some nice paint for just doing random parts that are going on a original tractor. Jake

can whlvr

do you guys put hardener in the rustolium,obviously not in aresole but i use quarts and my spray gun,id klike to try it but havnt yet

specialwheelhorse

Thanks for the Info fella's I just cleaned out my local TSC

and now I should have enough to finish MR. 1276.

JIM in Texas

Jake Kuhn

Finally got a chance to go there....to my luck all the red was gone and there had been 6 shelves of it. Only thing they had left was deere green,guess I won't be using valspar paint anymore. Jake

JamesBe1

Finally got a chance to go there....to my luck all the red was gone and there had been 6 shelves of it. Only thing they had left was deere green,guess I won't be using valspar paint anymore. Jake

Try the new stuff. I think you will be pleasantly surprised. I was. I'm on my second spray can of it, and it covers nicer and doesn't seem to want to run nearly as much as valspar. Give it a shot, I'd love to hear some else's opinion on the matter.

Jake Kuhn

Guess I'll have to try the new stuff when I get some stuff that needs painted. Jake

JUSS10

for the guys using the rustoleum, what color are you using instead of "IH White" for your wheels? I see rustoleum has almond but i have a feeling that might be a bit to beige...y?

Ken B

Rustoleum sells an Antique White usually found at Home Depot or Lowes. I think it is the closest to the original color.

Hodge71

Rustoleum is great as long as you can put the painted parts in a vaccum sealed container and wait for 3 weeks for it to dry... I have painted stuff and had it tacky a week later. To me thats ridiculous.... Thats why I switched to Valspar. I havent had any issues with it as far as coverage and it drys to the touch in an hour.....Just my opinion and we all know what theyre worth.....

Wheel Horse Kid

I guess after using up the Valspar that I have, I think that I will prbably switch to Rustoleum or the new stuff. One thing that I do not like about our TSC store is that some of the people in there are not too friendly, but still an okay store. We got a new farm supply store in our area called Big R and it is much better than our TSC.

kpinnc

Gonna be funny as heck if this is just a ploy by TSC to sell high volumes of Valspar paint... :ychain:

I use it too, and it's a decent product. The best thing, as has already been said- is the fact that you can keep a "matched" spray bomb on the shelf for touch ups.

bean

I just bought 5 cans of ih red from tsc. the po had started painting the tractor, and that is the paint he used. he did a good job and I don't want to start over. I figured I could never match the valspar color with another manufacturer. the paint was $4.12 a can. seemed like a good deal :)

Fun Engineer

I picked up 4 rattle cans remaining on the shelf last night. I'm a big fan of the Valspar Restoration Series. I also use a gun for the big panels so I have a fair amount of Restoration Series paint left in the gallon size. I always liked the Valspar better than Rustoleum but the Restoration Series is even better. Sorry to hear it won't be available. Even though its more expensive, I'm of the opinion that I want this paint job to last at least as long as the factories did. So price is not much of an issue. My TSC has already begun to stock the new stuff right next to the Valspar.

clintonnut

RELIEF!!!!

My dedicated coworkers found this for me through our auto parts store. It looks identical to the shape of a valspar can and has the same VOC level. Made by our brand through the store. I work at Auto Plus.

Someone with a rattle can of IH red (non resto series) can you tell me if this code is the same on the bottom? If it's close it's probably the same canning company/paint. I think the first line of the code is the paint type, second line is job number/serial

17ec37d0.jpg

beb075a8.jpg

I can get it for $5.50 a can and gallons around $40-50

Charlie