Sign in to follow this  
Tap53

50TL01 TILLER BEVEL GEAR

Tap53

I came to the conclusion that I will never find a bevel gear for my tiller 50TL01 Tillers, #100430, 40t, pinions are available off and on.

If I remember right, it was $1200 to have one made a few years ago.

Just a thought, maybe if we could get enough people together that need that gear, like 12-15, or more, the price per piece wouldn't be so bad.

Both my tillers are non-working because of the same problem, so there needs to be alot more non-working tillers out there.

Thanks

Tim

JamesBe1

I am rebuilding a 50' tiller (7-1261) that I got a couple of years ago. There was waters sitting in it, and both my bevel hears look like that have seen better days (I have the same gear in mine).

My 15 pt (100429) looks to be in worse shape. When it dies, I figure that my poor tiller will then become a boat anchor.

I am sorry to hear that it costs so much to have one made, it just sorta confirms my fears in the matter.

If you find a possible solution, I'd love to hear it.

Sorry I can't be of any help, just a shoulder to cry on.

BTW, do you know if it might be possible to get cad drawings of any wheel horse parts? I think with that info, a machine shop with a cnc can make one a lot cheaper.

• Like 1

312Hydro

Ya'know, Being that Wheel Horse used a lot of off the shelf hardware. It seems to me that these gears could turn up under a different manufacturer. Does any one know who the company that made this for Wheel Horse is or was it made just by them?

JamesBe1

Ya'know, Being that Wheel Horse used a lot of off the shelf hardware. It seems to me that these gears could turn up under a different manufacturer. Does any one know who the company that made this for Wheel Horse is or was it made just by them?

I really wish there were some old wheel horse designers/engineers around here that could fish that information out of toro somewhere. There has to be a spec sheet for every little part of every tractor. It's just a matter of getting to them. I would imagine that a lot of it is on microfiche or even paper for some of the oldest stuff.

I wish I knew a way to get toro to part with some of the specs and blueprints for the parts that are NLA.

1maidenfan

I am contemplating selling my D tiller, bought it last year and not sure I will ever get around to using it. :omg: Not in to gardening I just wanted one :dunno: .

Might tear in to it and see if everything is in good condition and if so I might just part it out, seeing how shipping on some thing that size would be :jaw: :hide:

Tap53

When you decide, Let me know

Thanks,

Tim

JamesBe1

I wish you were closer. I might consider it. Shipping isn't going to be easy.

When I bought mine, the seller strapped it to a pallet and freighted it to me. I forget what the charge was, but I want to think it was slightly over $100

jameswill80

im game to see if more gears ordered are cheaper let me know if you start a list