JUSS10

working on a category 0 3 point hitch for my 1054

JUSS10

Got the lower links finished this afternoon and ran through a few test cycles. Works pretty good. Need to come up with a good link setup for lifting to prevent the arms from rotating out.

3a363657.jpg

d74c14a8.jpg

Rooster

EVER FINISH THIS?

JUSS10

indeed i did! I still haven't painted it but i have built a few implements that work quite well with it. I had to get a little creative with the lift linkage as i was having issues. in the end i just linked the two lower links together with a piece of tubing and bolts that go through. This technically doesn't allow it to free float independently but it works well for keeping things level. Then i just stuck a piece of flat stock in the stock lift hitch, works quite well actually. It still needs some refinement but it gets the job done. I plan to make a draw bar with a hitch receiver on it for pulling things around. 

I feel like this is still a work in progress. There will probably be a rev 2 that gets built and uses an electric lift or someone tap into the hydro lift with a selector valve. 

BB55B7FF-4F87-47EA-AAC0-149A7F8C2E9D-245

54848BA4-C775-4D8D-B629-24694449AE11-554

F343E00B-48C5-4527-A80A-55DE08F5308F-554

Edited by JUSS10
  • Like 2
  • Excellent 2

953 nut

:thanks:    This is a fantastic build thread, thanks for posting it.   :bow-blue:

DennisThornton
6 hours ago, 953 nut said:

:thanks:    This is a fantastic build thread, thanks for posting it.   :bow-blue:

Really would be nice to revive this thread!

• Like 1

Jay Wellwood

Was there ever a 2nd revision made?

Really like the innovation and makes me scratch my head wondering if I can retrofit this to my Horse with the addition of the hydraulic system from a 1054.

953 nut

The components of the hydraulic lift on the 953/1053 are the same as the HY-3. If you aren't concerned about down-pressure you could use a small electric winch.

The :wh: you bought has several differences from the 1054, not to say one couldn't be fitted to yours, just need to alter it quite a bit.

You could pick up a few ideas here.

• Like 1

Pullstart

This is a cool thread, indeed!

• Like 1

DennisThornton

Hard to believe that this thread got so little attention back then!

Even harder to believe that it's not getting more now! 

Great idea and one I would think would interest more of us. 

Basic design looks like it would adapt to most WHs. 

Just got to work on the different ways to power it. 

• Like 2

19richie66

Oh I'm interested and as a matter of fact I have these pictures saved for future reference. This is a fantastic idea. Instead of making the axle brackets, look into a set of brackets for a C-195. Already drilled for lower arm pivot pins and you would just need to nip off the top to weld your plate for upper link. Save a lot of drilling. Seen them on ebay around $30. Great idea though!

• Like 4

DennisThornton
3 hours ago, 19richie66 said:

Oh I'm interested and as a matter of fact I have these pictures saved for future reference. This is a fantastic idea. Instead of making the axle brackets, look into a set of brackets for a C-195. Already drilled for lower arm pivot pins and you would just need to nip off the top to weld your plate for upper link. Save a lot of drilling. Seen them on ebay around $30. Great idea though!

Share some pics of the C-195 brackets when you can.

19richie66

Sorry @Dennis Thornton they are D series brackets but I think the C-195 brackets are the same except with a small plate at the top. That would get cut off anyways when you made the top plate for the upper mount and welded it on. The channel he used on his 1054 is probably stronger, you just have to do more drilling to get it to work whereas the D series are bolt ons and already have the holes for the lower lift arm pins.👍

6ED3EF2D-C218-40FE-8725-2CF6F7134076.jpeg

Edited by 19richie66
  • Like 3

DennisThornton
6 hours ago, 19richie66 said:

Sorry @Dennis Thornton they are D series brackets but I think the C-195 brackets are the same except with a small plate at the top. That would get cut off anyways when you made the top plate for the upper mount and welded it on. The channel he used on his 1054 is probably stronger, you just have to do more drilling to get it to work whereas the D series are bolt ons and already have the holes for the lower lift arm pins.👍

6ED3EF2D-C218-40FE-8725-2CF6F7134076.jpeg

Either way. simple enough to fab if not found.

Thanks for the pics!