Sign in to follow this  
farmallm1

416-8 spitting out carb

farmallm1

I have cleaned carb and replaced plug cleaned tank replaced fuel line and filter pulled head cleaned carbon checked valves and not burned and sealing good has 150 psi compreson will idle fine no spitting only at high speed will spit out the carb what am I missing???

1maidenfan

Sounds like you need to adjust the high speed jet :thingy: on the carb. Maybe a half turn in (clockwise) :twocents-02cents: :dunno:

Kelly

Float level may be to high.

1maidenfan

Float level may be to high.

Good point.

farmallm1 you need to check the float level, according to my manual it needs to be 1/8" gap from bottom of float to top of housing. Need pic let me know

farmallm1

I will check float I have adjusted load jet it is not running to rich or lean I run it rich did not change runnit some lean did not help checked spark has good blue flame I dont see that the timming can be set at all in manual this is driving me crazy this needs to run well soon

farmallm1

this is the Kohler engine 16 HP

RussC

Since you didn't state whether it is oil or gas spitting out the carb, I'll assume that it's gas. Did you check/adjust the valve lash? Apparently the Kohler Magnums are sensitive in this area, mine was also doing this and a valve adjustment stopped the gas spitting.

Now if it's oil on the other hand....I've read that it could be a leaky fuel pump causing the crankcase level to go high and spit back up through the intake.