Sign in to follow this  
kloe0699

Will this fit?

kloe0699

I found a 50" mid-mount grader blade (79356). It is for the 5xi series. Will it fit on a C-175 or a 417? Thanks, Kevin.

Kelly

not with out cutting about 4" out of the back of it, and moving the rear cross bar forward, I did it to my 50" grader it was for a XI.

kloe0699

Thanks Kelly. If it stops raining I will do that. I just about "stole" this today from my Toro dealer. :ychain:

post-2807-0-92689300-1338332253_thumb.jp

Kelly

I'm not 100% on the 4" but I can check for you, I got mine still in the box from a dealer for $200, oh the lift link did not work on mine, I used a old style long solid link for a snow blade, fit like it was made for it, but looking at your pic your link is not like the one I had??

smoreau

I found one just like Kelly has for $50 NOS and I think I cut 3" out of mine. It was 2 years ago and I cant remember, but put it under the tractor and have it angled to see how much you need to cut out. I love mine and you would have offer me 10 times that for me to consider to sell it. I cut my link to fit and re-welded it back together and it fits great.

KC9KAS

GOOD FIND!

Hope all works well for you.

Forest Road

Glad to see you finally found one. I use the same straight lift link for my snow plow and grader. Good luck!

• Like 1

kloe0699

I got a chance today to fab up the grader blade. It turned into a little project! I put the blade under the tractor, angled it a few times and decided to move the bar 4 inches. Everything looked good so I cut it down. I had to grind the old bar out and re-use it, our local hardware store didn't have any 3/4 inch round stock. I then realised the bracket on the blade where the lift arm attaches was going to hit the gusset thingy that hangs down in front of the rear axle. I cut a 1/2 inch L out of the bracket and moved it forward to clear the gusset. I had to put some pics up as I have only welded 5 or 6 times in my life, It looks worse in person! :ROTF: I used it for an hour or so around the house and so far it's holding.

post-2807-0-25014300-1340136642_thumb.jp

post-2807-0-05251400-1340136659_thumb.jp

post-2807-0-11223400-1340136676_thumb.jp

post-2807-0-15969000-1340136694_thumb.jp

kloe0699

No compliments on my beautiful welds? :omg: I fully expected to get some laughs at those pics.. The good of this is that I am an expert at grinding now! Just trying to learn, I know how it is supposed to look- the way they did it from the factory, I just can't replicate that yet!

tgranthamfd

practice makes perfect. you will get the hang of it. Just don't get in a hurry.

Trouty56

i don't see any welds on the last pic....just a real nice tractor with a real nice grader blade.....

kloe0699

I took it to it's first job today, grading a back yard for a customer. After 3 hours of grading I am pretty stoked. It works awesome! Next Monday I am going to use it to spread out a 1 ton dump truck load of rubble on a driveway. I cant wait. :ychain:

Kelly

Glad you got it working, on the welds, not trying to pick or point fingers but trying to help, turn the heat up one notch, or turn the wire feed down one notch, but it looks like a little more heat, other than that looks good for not being a seasoned welder.

can whlvr

dont feel bad about your welds,it takes alot of practice,ive been farting around for many years and still cant lay down a good bead everytime,and when working upside down or vertical thats even harder,keep practicing and i learned some here and on you yube too

kloe0699

Thanks for the words of wisdom! Kelly, the speed was set at 1.5 when I picked it up from my buddy who is a pretty good welder. I read your post and backed it down to 0-.5 range today for another project. Much, much better! Thanks :thumbs: It's still not pretty but that helped alot! My power bill this month is going to send my wife through the roof!

Kelly

On thicker metal turn the heat up to get it to melt/burn in better, as for running the electric bill up, unless you weld all day you will probably never know it, back when I was building race cars I would weld 3 nights a week after work for at least a hour and 4 to 6 hours a day on the weekends for the better part of two weeks, and the bill only went up like $30