Sign in to follow this  
mattd860

Vacuum Bagger Problem

mattd860

I recently installed a powerflow vacuum bagger (07-4XVC01) on my 48" deck but I'm having a problem raising the large top cover over the bags. The manual suggests that all you need to do is raise up the seat and the top will easily lift up. However, when I try to lift the cover, it binds with the discharge tube/chute preventing it from lifting all the way. This makes it impossible to easily remove and re install the bags. Am I doing something wrong or does the discharge tube need to be removed to raise up the bagger cover?

-> link to bagger operating manual. Page 8 has the instructions for removing the bags. https://homeownersol...nualsResultPage

bk-scouter

Maybe your discharge tube is too long. Got any pics of it showing your problem ??

-BK

mattd860

I'll take some pictures later and post them up

bk-scouter

If you take a look in the "Set-up" manual from the Toro website link you showed, on the fourth page it mentions about cutting off 2-3/4" from the end of discharge. I would like to think that this has already been done, but perhaps yours has not. Curious, hmmmm...... Did you use the factory brackets that mount under the seat pan that supports the bag bracket ?

-BK

mattd860

If you take a look in the "Set-up" manual from the Toro website link you showed, on the fourth page it mentions about cutting off 2-3/4" from the end of discharge. I would like to think that this has already been done, but perhaps yours has not. Curious, hmmmm...... Did you use the factory brackets that mount under the seat pan that supports the bag bracket ?

-BK

Oh very interesting. I have no idea if it was ever cut or not but I suspect not because installing the tube was very difficult. After inserting the tube into the top cover, I had to flex it to get it to fit over the powerflow vacuum. I still wonder if cutting off a mere 2-3/4" will be enough to raise the cover but I will check all this out later when I get home. Thanks!!!

bk-scouter

Mattd860-

I took a measurement of the length of my discharge tube. It read 42-1/2" using the manner I have pictured below:

P5300142.jpg

P5300143.jpg

I hope this will help you. Let us know how it comes out.

-BK

mattd860

Thanks! Yesterday I cut approximately 1.5" off of the tube and now everything works perfectly. Thanks for the suggestion!!!

MalMac

Hey Matt just a word of caution, that blower on there has more power than what you might think. I picked up a rock that blew right through the blower housing and right past my head. It could have been a bad day. That blower housing is some tuff stuff. It takes alot of force to blow something through it. It's a great attachment it's just can be very dangerous if you don't keep on your toes. Hope you don't take this warning wrong. I don't want to imply your careless or don't know what your doing. It's just that rock was one wake up call. I have been around equipment all my life big and small but never had a projectile like that come at me except my time in the Marines when I was overseas and had a few snipers take a crack at me.

mattd860

Thanks for the advice! Maybe all the modern powerflow vacs have plastic impellers so the rocks will chew it up rather than fly into your head?