Sign in to follow this  
horsesaver98

wheel horse radio

horsesaver98

i was scaning through :techie-ebay: and saw this does any body hear have one it looks pritty cool and would like to have it is a wheel horse radio

post-6865-0-56059000-1337958875.jpg

AMC RULES

Saw that, and priced not for the timid too. :scared-eek:

• Like 1

horsesaver98

you got that right :teasing-poke: :scared-eek:

Wheel Horse Kid

I just looked at it on Ebay, and it is pretty cool and would be nice to have, but I do not think that I would be willing pay what he is asking for it! I think that I would rather spend the money on a tractor! :laughing-rofl: :laughing-rofl: :laughing-rofl:

SousaKerry

Ya know I am pretty sure Wheel Hose was buying a standard tractor radio painting them red and slapping a sticker on them, so if one wanted a lower cost version and you weren't to particular you could find an older model tractor radio fairly cheap and paint it red and slap a sticker on it.

Wheel Horse Kid

Ya know I am pretty sure Wheel Hose was buying a standard tractor radio painting them red and slapping a sticker on them, so if one wanted a lower cost version and you weren't to particular you could find an older model tractor radio fairly cheap and paint it red and slap a sticker on it.

Not a bad idea at all!

wh500special

You could do that, but it wouldn't be "authentic". Not that I much care.

I'm pretty sure in addition to the decal and the red paint that the radio had an ID tag on the back or underneath identifying it as being WH-sourced. I'm much too lazy and apathetic to look up the model number right now.

Steve

Sparky

So if its real old would it be AM stations only :scratchead: ? There isn't one AM station near me that I listen to. Hard to believe it has enough of an amp to be loud enough to be heard over a Kohler 16 spinning at 3600 rpm's :grin: .

Mike............

Kelly

It is AM only, but I think they came with head phones.

Martin

if anyone is interested.....

Radio_8-6911.pdf

Jake Kuhn

Thats a cool radio. Never seen one of those before. Jake

Wheel Horse Kid

if anyone is interested.....

Radio_8-6911.pdf

Very interesting manual! Thanks for sharing!

Sparky

Hmmm......only AM stations and I have to drill 5 holes in my hood to install :eek: ! Not going on my tractor, but it would be cool as heck on a display shelf.

Mike....

HorseWhisperer

Its not for listening to while mowing,after she thinks your tractors sexy you fall into the turn road and find some Willie Nelson!

varosd

too bad there wasnt a 8 track tape upgrade so I could listen to my Deep Purple tapes! :D

squonk

If I were to have one of those I would have to get another hood. Get it all restored and mount the radio and only put the whole thing on for shows.

AMC RULES

...and then restore the radio to make it show worthy too.

Ken B

I wouldn't restore it, looks good to me. It would look nice on a nice survivor tractor.

KC9KAS

How do we know that this seller hasn't done this already????

BOWTIE

I HAD ONE OF THOSE A FIVE YEARS AGO. I SOLD IT ON EBAY. IT WAS IDENTICAL TO THE ONE IN THE BROCHURE. A BENDIX MANUAL TUNE AND IT HAD A VERY GOOD AMP. THE SPEAKER WAS SELF CONTAINED IN METAL CABINET. MINE WAS FOR CASE TRACTOR JUST A DIFFERENT COLOR AND DECAL. THEY WERE USEG ON A LOT OF LARGE FARM TRACTOR.

BOWTIE IN OHIO

redhorse100

hi this one is a wheel horse i have been looking for one for years. and this is the first one i have seen other than in pictures. i dont know how many years they were made but there is a picture of one in the 1972 wheel horse sales catalog. the 425.00 dollars is just a starting bid. i had emailed him and he told me that if it did not sell on ebay he would sell off ebay but the price would be higher and he does not have the headphones. price is high but how many have come up for sale????

Callen

When I was quite younger, I used to set on our front porch and listen to the Reds games on our neighbors tractor radio about a mile down the road. Crystel clear. No cabs to speak of in those days. You had to turn them way up to hear them over the diesels. No wonder my hearing is so bad now.

Just flash backs,LOL Chester

• Like 1

corn53

We should come up with a modern MP3 Version of this. That is a cool add on!!!

redhorse100

hea corn is that pop or ear of corn? getting back to the subject. it looks like you could take a hot rod hood scoop and some tin work and make that with a mordern radio with 10 disc cd ??? let me know when you get it done so you can cut me in on the profits!!!!

TT

I like this one:

tunedup.jpg