Sign in to follow this  
bean

does everyone end up with a 416-8 or 520h?

Ken B

Looks pretty sweet Charles.

dcrage

I started with a 310-8, next was a C-111, then a C-100, along came a 314-8, and then a 416H. I gave the 310-8 to one daughter, the C-111 to the other daughter. i use the 416H for mowing duties, the 314-8 is the work bull, and the C-100 is the spare. I am considering parting with the 416H, as I am unable to adjust the 48" deck to the highest cut position. It's the deck, not the tractor. I would use the proceeds of the sale to buy a new 42" deck shell to use with the 314-8. The 416H is awesome, and will cut taller grass than I expected (and should cut, since it's not a bush hog) but the package is more than I need. The C-100 will cut good as new with it's 42" deck.

Heh Rick

Who say's they are bush hogs?? -- My 310-8 with the 37" SD has done lot of bush hog duty in it life time -- It uses a lot of gas and you have to go real slow (1st in low range) and then you need to go over the same piece of land 2 or 3 times, but they do pass for a bush hog -- I am continually amazed at how rugged that 37" deck is

Wheel-N-It

I had a 520H, and a 416H. I sold them however I regretted selling the 416H. Now I have this 418A, she needs a good cleaning and some wax and polish. But I have been holding off because she needed some more TLC.

I think my next running/working/ready to go Wheel Horse will probably be a 400 series Kohler 18hp Magnum model. I think I would really like that if is anything at all like the KT-17. Overall I am completely sold on the 300 and 400 series Wheel Horses, although they haven't made a Wheel Horse yet that I do not like.

Thats my 3cents guys:)

Van

f82238b4.jpg

Thats nice CRE, and it even has a cupholder :handgestures-thumbupright:

6wheeler

I like my 520h and so does OPEC. My C-165 is a real work horse so its never leaving. I used my neighbors 416h when we had plowing day and he used my 520. I like the 416 but, it felt smallish to me :scratchead: . Even though it probably isn't any smaller besides hp. He said my 520 was to darn big. I think he was trying to convince himself :teasing-poke: . But, I have green tractors too. So, what do I know :teasing-neener: . Pat

CRE1992

Thanks Ken and Wheel-N-It. I added the cup holder yesterday before I took the pictures. What a pain in the but it is to mount that damn thing. That cup holder is actually a cup holder from Toro. It was used on the 2007 Classic Wheel Horse 315-8.

-Charles

Looks pretty sweet Charles.

I had a 520H, and a 416H. I sold them however I regretted selling the 416H. Now I have this 418A, she needs a good cleaning and some wax and polish. But I have been holding off because she needed some more TLC.

I think my next running/working/ready to go Wheel Horse will probably be a 400 series Kohler 18hp Magnum model. I think I would really like that if is anything at all like the KT-17. Overall I am completely sold on the 300 and 400 series Wheel Horses, although they haven't made a Wheel Horse yet that I do not like.

Thats my 3cents guys:)

Van

f82238b4.jpg

Thats nice CRE, and it even has a cupholder :handgestures-thumbupright:

WH520

I never understood why they made the cup holder to go on the discharge side. Is there anyway to mount it on the left side or is it moulded to fit the left fender?

IthacaJeff

I started with a beat-to-heck 310-8 ($100) but needed more hp and a larger deck when we moved to our

larger place with more chores -- and more lawn. I picked up a beat-to-heck 416-8 ($360) with a 48" deck,

got her running well (with help), and she has been my mower for 1.5 ac for 3 years. Wanted a bigger deck

so came across a beat-to-heck Deutz-Allis 1920 (Simplicity Sunstar) ($380) with a 60" deck. Been mowing

all this season and mixed reviews. Granted, the 20 hp Kohler Magnum is a bit tired (spits oil into the carb

from the breather tube), but even with power steering there is something that just ain't WH. Most of my

lawn is flat, but the ditch along the road and some overgrown areas can't be mowed with the DA 1920.

The 416 rides the ditch like a jeep (up/down/sideways), never bogs down, just keeps on going. I've got the

makings of a small orchard that was way overgrown (2' grass), and the 416 in 3-low handled it with ease.

When I got the DA 1920 I figured I'd get rid of one of the WHs. Now I'm not so sure. Three tractors are nice,

but one has to sit outside under a tarp. I could not decide between the 310 and 416 because I love the fuel

use in the 310, the power and versatility of the 416. The 310 plows, the 416 mows. The 310 tills and pulls the

moldboard (not this year), the 416 pulls.

Jeff

CRE1992

This is probably because most people are right handed. You could mount it the other way, even though I am a lefty I chose to mount it on the right side. Reason being I am looking to add the hydro foot control to it.