Sign in to follow this  
Prater

Starting to harvest

Prater

The garden is starting to produce some good vegetables. The potatoes are still not ready but should be soon. Lots of green tomatoes and peppers are starting to form good. Pests have been kept under controll so far with the Neem Oil and DE Earth...

Last nights harvest

Garden014.jpg

• Like 1

CasualObserver

Funny to see... since we just planted last week here!

AMC RULES

Man that's a crazy fast growing season down there. :auto-layrubber:

Tap53

Funny to see... since we just planted last week here!

Yeh I know, still snow in the trees here in ND, BRRRR

Jim_M

I planted everything WAY early this year but the only things I've harvested so far is lettuce, spinach, onions and radishes. The peas are blooming but it will be a while before there's anything else to harvest.

Like others have said, in a normal year I may not even have the entire garden planted yet.

On another note, it's so dry here already that I finally broke down and watered the gardens last night. It's too hot and dry for May, it's more like July or August.

Prater

Took the weekend off to do some camping at the lake. We harvested what we could and watered last wednesday. We found out today that no one checked the garden while we were gone so we took some time to harvest and check for critters...lots of frogs and no bugs. We did have plenty to pick though. Our snap peas were plump but turned a dull green. I think they were on the vine too long but we will see how they taste tomorrow. Lots of green beans and there are tons of bell peppers and tomatoes that should be ready in a few days.

Here was this afternoons harvest...

IMG_2578.jpg

• Like 1

AMC RULES

Nice treats to come home to. :thumbs: