JWilkins

Help! 1969 Raider 10 48" Mower Drive Belt Tensioner Bracket

JWilkins

Hello folks,

Yesterday while cutting grass the mower deck fell down and the resulting side load on drive belt tensioner broke the cast bracket that holds the pulley. I can't find any manuals or diagrams for the mower deck so I have been unable to find a part number (or even a proper description). The piece in question mounts to the tractor by sliding on two studs protruding from the frame, and is retained by a snap-ring. It then has a pivot bolt and another bracket to which the tensioner pulley mounts and this whole bit rides on another pulley (presumably so the deck can be raised/lowered).

post-7447-0-15011300-1337629580_thumb.jp

So, does anybody out there...

a) Understand what I am talking about?

B) Know what this part is called/numbered?

c) Know where I can find another?

I think I can probably fix the thing (braze it?) or maybe even fabricate a suitable replacement but I thought I'd try the easy way first.

Appreciate your help.

Cheers,

Jeff

CasualObserver

Yes... (you're talking about #78, right?) It's called a pivot arm, it's part of the tensioner assembly. That arm itself (part 6725) is a pretty common weak point. I've seen many of them brazed. You can occasionally find them on ebay, or send a PM to jdog or Kelly. They can probably hook you up with a nice used one.

belttensioner.png

JWilkins

Awesome, thanks a bunch!

JWilkins

Jason - where can I find the manual that your exploded view came from?

CasualObserver

Mywheelhorse.com

That picture is taken from the manual for the 42" deck.

You can see a copy of it at this link (you probably have to register first.)

http://www.mywheelho...1968_5-1421.pdf

Ron LeMay

That cast iron bracket (part #78 in the drawing) is still available from Toro as of about 1 year ago for about $50.00. I had the same thing happen and went with the new part rather than repairing cast iorn. If you call a toro dealer with the part number from the drawing, they should be able to tell you if they can get it. Let me know if I can help.

Ron

What motor is on your Raider? It does not look like a Kholer K series?

JWilkins

Ha, I never thought of going to a dealer. Assumed they would tell me I was crazy. Or I'd buy a new machine.

The engine is a 14hp Briggs & Stratton Vanguard V-Twin. My grandfather switched out the original after it suffered a rod failure in the mid '90s.

Humm

I'm looking for the same part #6725. I heard of a Wheel Horse only used parts place near Danville,PA which isn't too far from me. Any help or leads will be appreciated.

JWilkins

In the end I brazed the piece back together to finish the season so I never tried to buy one.

Parts-wise I get most things from eBay, the people mentioned above or David Luzier (who is in Saegertown PA).  Toro did have the part too.

Good luck!

Humm

Thanks for the reply. I ordered one online, but in the mean time I brazed the broken one. Then when I checked my order it never went through. Good for that, I ran the brazed one with the leaf vac for a few hours Saturday and it held. All is good.