Sign in to follow this  
Ken B

Mower deck on a 550

Ken B

I mounted a mower deck on my recently purchased 550 yesterday. Thanks Matt! The mower deck is a little higher in the front than it is in the back. Is that normal? Also, as many of you know the front and rear of the deck is completely open. With the front of the deck open the way it is it blows grass and dust all over the place. Has anyone mounted some type of thick rubber to the front of the deck to try to limit this some? Are the wheels on the deck there for show and tell or are they supposed to act as anti scalpers? Thanks for any input.

squonk

On my deck on my 704 I had kind of the same thing with the front of the deck being slightly higher. There is that long bolt that comes from the front hanger that holds up the front. I tried adjusting that bolt but I ran out of threads. I ended up buying a longer bolt from McMaster-Carr and using that to level the deck. I would have a pic but I restored the deck and it's all sealed up and squirrelled away to preserve it.

ol550

Got any pics of your mounted deck? The deck for a 1960 did not have wheels and lifted with a rod from the slot hitch

on the back. :dunno:

stevebo

Ken,

Does that deck have a hole in the back center ?

Ken B

I'll have to have a look but I don't think it does.