Sign in to follow this  
BPjunk

I shoulda' known better ......... BUT

BPjunk

I want to take my 633 diesel BEAST to the Little Guys Show in Manchester, PA this weekend for a little pullin' fun but I've noticed the transmission had been actin' up, it seems that when pushing the tractor around the shop that going forward it was real hard to move and when pushing in reverse it was jus' a little less hard to push. OK so I figured that the 7.5 hp Hatz diesel has taken it's toll on the 3 speed UniDrive :eusa-think: ........ all's this tractor does hook up to pullin' sleds and move them ! So tonight I decide to swap out the transmission get another transmission off the shelf and be ready for the fun. The 633 diesel BEAST got winched from out of the garage and up on to the trailer, the rear of the tractor jacked up off the floor, both rear wheels with weights removed, belt guard, drive belt and then the wheelie bars ............... AND THEN I SAW WHAT WAS WRONG ! One single 1/4 x 20 7/16th nut had gotten wedged between the transmission axle housing and the brake band pushing the parking brake band against the drum ! That nut had been wedged in that position for over a year .................. and quite a few pulls down the track. The nut musta' fallen down there and the first time the clutch brake pedal was pushed it got stuck and push the brake band tight against the drum.

Tomorrow night the 633 diesel BEAST gets washed and loaded. :dance:

Wild Bill in Richmond, VA

312Hydro

Good Luck! Should really pull now!

bowtieguy

Don't ya just hate it when your nuts get caught between a crack and a hard spot!!...(couldn't resist it Bill) :ychain:

• Like 4

squonk

I woulda left the nut there and just added more POWER!!!! :auto-layrubber: :auto-swerve:

KC9KAS

Once I pulled the rear-end apart from a 2 ton dump truck because the drive shaft spun, but wheels didn't turn...figured the gears were stripped.

Turns out that the duel wheel spacers were wore down some and the nuts that hold the wheels to the hub were bottomed out so the wheels were actually loose on the hubs! That was a very productive day.....NOT!

Guess we need to look at the simple stuff before jumping into the really big stuff. The problem is, that Murphy guy with his law is usually what fall into place when I work on something!

AMC RULES

Better late than never, at least you've finally figured out what the problem was. :thumbs:

Good luck at the pulls this weekend, don't forget your camera. :popcorn:

:wwp:

jimt1971

Can't wait to see it run. We will take pics.

stevasaurus

Glad you found the problem before things went to heck. Let me guess what you did with that nut. :) :) :) :baseball:

Fun Engineer

Thankfully its normally the little things. Good luck at the pulls.

bowtiebutler956

Sure would like to see some pics! :wwp: :wwp:

Matt :flags-texas:

hm12460

Good to hear from you Bill, glad it was a simple fix.