Sign in to follow this  
jdog_kustoms

hefty a616 backhoe

jdog_kustoms

i am posibly getting a hefty a 616 backhoe. it is supposed to be like a terimite backhoe but i cant seem to find any info on the net about it exept for them being rare i was wondering if anyone on her has one or has seen one cuase i might be giving up my bobcat for this so id like to know some more about it before i get rid of a nice peice of equipment for a peice of junk

Jim_M

If it's rare it's probably hard to find parts for. A Bobcat is a hard piece of equipment to give up, I'm not sure I would get rid of one for something that nobody knows anything about.

Kelly

Ditto on what Jim said, even old Bobcats parts can be found.

CasualObserver

I looked around a bit for info. I've heard of and seen Hefty Tractors before, but never a backhoe. I'm sure you searched the same terms and see the same things. Made by Haxco in Wisconsin in the 70s. Every few years someone pops up on Yesterdays Tractors or MTF and asks about finding parts or asking if there's any interest in parting one out. Seems like there's never anyone interested. My first reaction would be to stick with the bobcat and rent a backhoe once in a while for those little odd jobs when you need one. There's virtually nothing for parts or info support.

can whlvr

i own a 743 bobcat and woulnt trade it for anything,its the handiest machine i own and reliable

Ken B

I used to work a Bobcat almost everyday in a previous job I had. They are indestructible and great machines that hold some value.