Sign in to follow this  
wingrider

Find Kolher Parts Manuals

wingrider

What is the best way of finding a Kolher Motor Parts Manual

Have had no sucess yet

Wingrider

wallfish

Did you check the Files section???? There are a couple of parts manuals in there but you didn't state which Kohler you want info on.

WH854

What is the best way of finding a Kolher Motor Parts Manual

Have had no sucess yet

Wingrider

You can try Kohler Web Site here just accept their license aggrement and inter as guest.

http://www.kohlerplus.com/login.asp

Chas

wingrider

I tried both of those places but they would not load, for some reason. Either something in my computer wouldn't let it or , they ask for a part number that I didn't have.

Very furstrating. The motor is a 301, still trying to figure out my dipstick problem.

Thanks Wingrider

tunahead72

Wingrider,

I feel your pain in dealing with the Kohler web site, they have some "features" that sometimes make it difficult to find things you think should be there (I'm being kind).

But I think you're in luck, I did manage to find a parts manual there for the K301, you should be able to find it and download it to your computer:

• Go to www.KohlerEngines.com.
  • Hover over the Parts & Accessories tab, and select Parts Lookup.
  • Click the box for Parts Manual for K-Series, Magnum, OHC.
  • The parts manual for the K301 is on page 2 of 2, you should be able to open or save it directly to your computer.

If you're not familiar with Kohler parts manuals, you'll see a Specification Number Index in the first few pages there. You'll need to know your engine's specification number, each parts group and spec. no. will give you a Variation Number that you'll use to precisely identify individual parts on your engine. It's easier to do than explain, feel free to ask here if you can't get it figured out.

By the way, this particular manual covers through Spec. No. 47835. If yours is higher than that, you may have to punt somehow. The good news is that some of the online parts suppliers have good parts diagrams that work well (PartsTree.com comes to mind), and I've found over the years that Kohler dealers generally have more complete parts information than what appears on the Kohler site.

I haven't read about your dipstick problem, can you give us a quick summary or a link to another thread?

--------

EDIT: Here's a link to Wingrider's dipstick problem, looks like there's a broken gear or something just inside the opening:

Wingrider, your engine spec. number (47371C) does appear in the parts manual that I mentioned from the Kohler site. Let us know if you can't find it, there's other options.

And for future reference, the owner and service manuals for that engine are both in the Files section of RedSquare:

http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/files/file/1839-kohler-k91141161181241301321341/

Edited by tunahead72

wingrider

Thanks Ed for the info, that should help a lot. I just read my first post again and found out that that motor might have another dipstick in either the front or back of the pan. will have to check that out.

The reason I was so surprised was I have 2 other 301s that are 1966 & 1967 models and the only visible difference is the starter-generator on the older ones and this use a gear drive starter.

Wingrider