Sign in to follow this  
Wheelhorse84

New to me 520

Wheelhorse84

Well let me know pics would be nice. Aust9998@aol.com

SAM58

Nice Tractor!!

First thing I would do is clean out the engine cowls to make sure it gets plenty of air for cooling, 520H's need more TLC than others.

They tend to surge when the carb gets junk in them. Had to take the top of the carb off yesterday and clean out the jets. It is amazing what gets past the filters.

Runs great now.

My 520H on the right...

IMG_0675.jpg

Ken B

This tractor is now safely tucked away in my garage. I have wanted a 520 for many yrs now and I finally have one! Let the headaches begin! LOL! I got it home and the first thing I did was clean the ancient mouse nests out and give the entire tractor a good cleaning and I buffed it out. The paint came back pretty nice though I'll have to touch up a few area's where the paint is known to peel. This will be my worker so I'm not going to get carried away with it. It was nice getting to meet member Steve in Milford Mass. Super nice guy. I will posts pics tonight in a new thread. My computer at home picked up a nasty virus, I would have posted pics yesterday but I don't think the wife has fixed it yet.

• Like 1

gomer gump

i just recently bought through toro the left an right side brackets for a rear bagger also purchased the goal post shaped bracket that mounts to it welded a straight piece of 3 in bar stock across the top an reinforced the bottom with a small piece of plate hung 6 44 lb weights on it works great if anyone is interested i,ll send pictures as soon as i can figure out how to do it also building a 520-8 spd from a 312 -8 frame an hoodstand comming out reall nice not original but having fun with it midwest graphics sells some really nice replacement decals love those 520,s