Sign in to follow this  
B-8074

stock rim size

B-8074

Just like the title says. What is the stock width of a C-175 rear wheel?

rmaynard

Standard rim is 12" x 7"

Standard tire was 23 x 8.50 x 12, optional tire was 23 x 9.50 x 12, depending on year.

This is according to the Toro parts page which can be found at https://lookup3.toro.com/partdex/index.cfm?xCaller=Toro&lang=us_en

B-8074

Any ideas where I could get a couple sets of 8" to 10" wide rims? I was hoping to find some place in the Pittsburgh area.

Rollerman

If your wanting to install a wider tire, your factory rims should accomodate up to a 10.50 width tire.

B-8074

I get my tires from the same shop I get my tires for my vehicles. He told me that my 7" rims would make the ag tires balloon. I want to put 10.5 on but I want them to be flat on the ground.

Sparky

Your tire guy is right about the ballooning effect with the thinner rims. Any tractor junkyards near you? The wider rims with the proper offset to clear the under fender fuel tank can be found on the GT-1800, GT-1848 and 520's. I think the non-swept front axle 520's have standard 7' rims but the swept axle machines have the wider rims.

Mike..........

Kelly

:text-yeahthat: Mike is right on about the rims what to get them off and the balloning, I have a set of 10.5 tires here on 7" rims and they ballon bad, and I can say I only know of one other machine that the rims will work from that is a super cub, they have the right back spacing and are wider, but they are very hard to find, and I will say a 8.5 wide rim is what you want not a 10" rim, I may have a set to seee and I probably could ship if you can't find them local, mine are off a 520.

Rollerman

For what it's worth "some" tires will balloon, but they will fit.

What make of tires does your local shop carry?

Deestones & some other import tires are a little "undersized" & fit a standard WH rim pretty well.

Carlisle for one fits better on a wider rim.