Sign in to follow this  
Stigian

Eaton hydro pipe question

Stigian

Morning Guy's and Girl's, just aquick question for you here.

I'm having some hydraulic hoses made up for my 6X6 project, but the chap who is making them has taken one of the Wheel Horse hydraulic pipes away to make sure he gets the right fittings.

Trouble is, this missing pipe is one of the two the run between the ram and the control valve, which means I can't test run the trans..

My question is, can I just bypass the ram by connecting both ends of the remaining hose to both connections on the base of the control valve, or would this cause problems for the rest of the hydro system?

Ta muchly in advance.

meadowfield

if you just connect the flow output from the hydro to the return it will just work. Or you can screw bolts into the flow return on the pump and the relief valve should take care of things. thats how my sundstrand was when I acquired it.

SousaKerry

You should have no problem blocking both pies off just make sure whatever you use can handle about 800 PSI. If you plum both pipes together it will strain the pump harder as if you are running the hydraulics full time

Stigian

Thanks for the reply's Guy's. strangely enough 30 min's after you posted your reply Mark, a chap turned up with my new hydraulic pipes...

I'm not quite out of the water with the hydraulics yet as some of the connecting joints end up facing the wrong direction when wound into the ram's, but I'm working on it :)