Sign in to follow this  
64'854.88'520

1988 520h indnoicator light panel picture? batt gauge drops when ignition is turned on.

64'854.88'520

Hello everyone, I just bought a 520h and was working great but now wont start. The panel is missing the decal and im not sure what is what. When I turn the key a red light flashes and has done that since i bought it but now doesnt even make a click to turn over. the batt gauge drops to nothing. could this be the starter or battery?

Sparky

Have you done anything other than twist the key? Have you tried to charge the battery? Or maybe jump start it and see if the tractor is charging if it starts? I doubt its the starter, probably the battery is shot, the starter soleniod is bad, or a safety switch has quit.

Mike..............

:WRS:

64'854.88'520

Yes I have tried jumping it and the batterys on the charger. The starter did seem loud but I havent owned a an onan engine before. How would I test for a bad solenoid or safety switch?

woodchuckfarmer

Check your fuses, i had that happen.....Wayne

Herbl

Can be many things but the one that gets forgotten is that you flipped the PTO lever and now your trying to start it ????????

varosd

the flashing light is most likely the oil pressure light that should go out once the engine starts. fuses and/or the safety switches (like thePTO and seat switchs) will keep the engine from starting also the motion control has to be in neutral (also has a safety switch) any pictures of the dash, wire harness? the Files section has a great electrical dimyistification manual to download for FREE!

oh '1988 520-H' you put it right in the topic.

Edited by varosd

SAM58

Hourss.jpg

1996 model above, & 1991 below... 1988 might be different.

IMG_0610.jpg

1992 model...

IMG_0396-Copy.jpg