Sign in to follow this  
AMC RULES

High Heat Area

Terry M

that might have made a difference. i think some engines run hotter than others, too. carb settings maybe have something to do with that. and then some people work their tractors harder than others too...

who knows what works the best. i know that the valspar resto rattle cans have surprised me on a least one engine with hanging on well. doesnt even look like its been run at all.

Martin, I believe that in some cases the carb ajustment can make a big difference. A few years ago i had done some work on my lawn tractor that was equipped with a briggs I/C 14hp two cylinder. I was mowing at dusk and noticed the exaust manifold glowing cherry red. I can't remember how much of an ajustment I made , but that ajustment stopped the glowing which told me "its running a little cooler" .

That's my two cents on the subject :)

Martin

Did you use any primer first Martin?

nope, and the block surface wasnt blasted either. i just cleaned it up the best i could, wire brush, scraper, etc.... with it almost complete. it was washed down with thinners and dried well before painting though.

couldnt find any pics of prep, but these were when it was just painted..........

CIMG0949.jpg

CIMG0948.jpg

AMC RULES

Did you use any primer first Martin?

nope, and the block surface wasnt blasted either. i just cleaned it up the best i could, wire brush, scraper, etc.... with it almost complete. it was washed down with thinners and dried well before painting

:scared-eek: WOW! Minimal prep, with some awesome results. :scared-eek:

I often wonder, as a species...how much pain we must suffer through everyday because of our control issues. :scratchead: