Sign in to follow this  
privateer

1980 C-165

privateer

picked up a 1980 or 81 C-165 auto over the weekend. Not to sure of the rearend as I didn't look at the vin plate. Pretty excited to add a black hood to the herd.

The price was right. Rescued it from the outside rusty gods. It's a bit rough but all there. PO said it ran when it was parked. it happened to be too small for his lawn. Came with 48" deck, plow, snow thrower and wheel weights.

Pics to follow. I'll get her back on her feet with a little help from here!

Kelly

:text-worthless: I'm going to guess if it is a early 80's it has a sunstrand in it.

Jake Kuhn

:text-yeahthat: :text-worthless::hide: Jake

bowtiebutler956

Sounds like a great new addition. I really like the 16hp Horses! :woohoo::wwp: :wwp: :wwp:

Matt :flags-texas:

Wheel Horse Kid

:text-yeahthat::text-worthless::hide: Jake

I agree! We want pics!!

Terry M

:text-yeahthat: :text-worthless::greetings-waveyellow: :thanks:

bo dawg

Hey privateer, you might ought to get some picture's on here quick. These boys wont hold off much longer, they might come looking for ya! :laughing-lettersrofl:

Jake Kuhn

Hey privateer, you might ought to get some picture's on here quick. These boys wont hold off much longer, they might come looking for ya! :laughing-lettersrofl:

:ROTF:
  • Like 1

privateer

post-3334-0-03291000-1334838281_thumb.jppost-3334-0-94786300-1334838267_thumb.jp

Ahhhh pics.....

• Like 1

Pollack Pete

Nice C-165.The paint looks almost as bad as on my C-175.Funny......the way Wheel Horses were quality built,they sure cheapened out on the paint prep.I realize a lot of these tractors lived outside,but I don't think they could look any worse if the factory didn't paint them at all.I've never seen one with a factory paint job that had any primer.

AMC RULES

Perfect canidate for a paint refresh...doubt it'll need much mechanical work done to put it back into service. :thumbs:

bowtiebutler956

Sweet! Give her a paint job, and she will be good to go. :thumbs::text-coolphotos:

Matt :flags-texas:

Kelly

Nice C-165.The paint looks almost as bad as on my C-175.Funny......the way Wheel Horses were quality built,they sure cheapened out on the paint prep.I realize a lot of these tractors lived outside,but I don't think they could look any worse if the factory didn't paint them at all.I've never seen one with a factory paint job that had any primer.

Ya I wish they did a better job on the paint, i have JDs, Simplicitys and others from the 60's with nice orig. paint, and they have sat outside for years.

The C-165 looks like it could be a nice worker as is, did you figure out what trans it has??

• Like 1

546cowboy

Considering the cost of these tractors when they were new, you just have to wonder what someone was thinking letting them sit outside in the rain and snow for years. It's really a crime to let things get that bad but now it has a new home and hopefully, new life. Those 16 Kohlers are tough though so that's a start. I do have a few around here that were pretty bad but that one.............

privateer

thanks fellas.

Kelly, it has the 1173 Sunstrand trans.

I started a teardown. I gotta say, mice find the best homes. Always in the motor covers and the trans shifter area. Surprisingly, they left the wires alone on this one.

Keep you all posted on my progress. Shes soaking in a bath of Kroil.