Sign in to follow this  
bo dawg

Fun today with the tractors.

bo dawg

As you all know I picked up that SK486-8 speed last week and been tinkering on it little by little. When I changed the oil in the big 16hp with nice clean oil it smoked like crazy. I let it run lastnight a while thinking it would clear up, but no help. Shut it off and called it a night. So this morning I put the rebuilt and cleaned Carter carb on my 68 Charger and boy does she purr like a kitten, heck wish I done that long time ago. Installed the bronze bushing on the throttle shaft, so snug and like new. Took it for a ride and felt good.

So went back to the SK486 and thought I would check the settings on the carb and see where the throttle and the idle/fuel screws adjustment set. Turned them down all the way counting the turns and adjusted back where they was, (I think). I started it up and smoke on start up but it cleared up and no more smoke. Hell thats pretty normal, so I jumped on it and took a ride, wonderful! So I thought since it rained all day yesterday the ground was soft enough to drag the big ol roller around and see how she pulls it. NO PROBLEM! :woohoo: Alright, so lets see how it would do with one of my 48" decks and cut some grass. Again NO PROBLEM!

Yeah...I'm lovin it!

I just have to get used to not reaching for the automatic forward/reverse lever and remember there's a clutch to press in when I want to stop. :roll:

0415021815a.jpg

0415021816.jpg

DSC04950.jpg

DSC04946.jpg

DSC04948.jpg

I think I'll keep her around, even though it has a little smoke on start up it runs so darn good and idles so quite and smooth.

• Like 2

leeave96

Very nice. Great cut too.

Good luck,

Bill

AMC RULES

You done some good :wh: work today, congrats on your success.

Gorgeous home, property, and :wh: tractors you have there, loved the picts too. :thanks:

Hydro

You cut some serious grass with that with tractor on the weekend. :thumbs: Pretty hard to stop one of those 16 Kohlers in front of an 8 speed.

My 16 does the same thing on start up. They seem to start rich. I think its just of glut of gas you're burning off.

bo dawg

Thank you thank you.

Wheel Horse Kid

Very nice tractor! Sounds like you got most of the bugs out. It seems to do a great cutting job! I have a 48" deck on my 312-8 and it also does a great cutting job!

can whlvr

nice lookin tractor,i usually dont worry too much about smoking till your eyes are burning when driving them :ychain:

• Like 2

bowtiebutler956

I'll bet that thing is a real powerhouse with that K341 on it. My fresh rebuilt K301 has plenty of power, but I just image how strong that 16 must feel, even with a little wear in it. :woohoo: I'm going to own one someday with a stack, and I'll be grinning from ear to ear! :thumbs:

Matt :flags-texas:

• Like 1

bo dawg

I'll bet that thing is a real powerhouse with that K341 on it. My fresh rebuilt K301 has plenty of power, but I just image how strong that 16 must feel, even with a little wear in it. :woohoo: I'm going to own one someday with a stack, and I'll be grinning from ear to ear! :thumbs:

Matt :flags-texas:

That is how I was doing on it smile from ear to ear. My wife thought I was cute, I was like a kid at Christmas.

This is my 3rd big 16 Kohler and another sitting on my bench looking to get mounted. (ooh...that sounds kind of sexy) :banana-tux:

• Like 1