Sign in to follow this  
Martin

Blackhood 1057

Martin

needs a seat and lots of small things finished as well.. as far as the steering wheel goes, i will go through that in my build thread. in short, i picked up a larger style one( same as originally installed) and at the moment im working on restoring it. it came off an ariens, TT gave me a tip a few months ago that they are basically the same wheel except for the splined hub. it needs to be reamed to 3/4 " and either pinned or keyed to the 3/4 blank shaft i have. the ariens wheels are easier to find in good to excellent condition and are a bunch cheaper. i have two to convert. one for this build and one to replace the bad one on my 1054. other tractors of the same vintage used this style wheel as well......

the latest one i just got in the mail today and i have it cleaned up and ready to wet sand and polish. there was some damage that needed fixing to the back of the hub area, but other that, no cracking. this one i picked up off ebay for $15.00.

this is how i received it.....

IMG_0673.jpg

Kelly

A few other brands use that wheel, I have a Ariens here with that wheel, but it's in bad shape, I've seen them on Fords and a few other.

Martin

thought i would finish this thread up with the results.......

heres how all the black stuff looks on the 1057. i dont think this is for everyone, im sure there will be some who dont like it.

it covered some areas that were heavily rust pitted that i filled and still wasnt happy with when they were powdercoated. it worked out for me, i couldnt be happier with how this turned out.......

a REALLY BIG thank you to terry for all your help on this......

thanks mate.... :thumbs:

gallery_4321_61_983380.jpg

gallery_4321_61_477988.jpg

gallery_4321_61_1179602.jpg

bowtiebutler956

Gorgeous Martin! That looks great! :woohoo:

Matt :flags-texas:

whfan74

Good job Martin! Glad to see you got it all done. Come on up and help with ours now. :)

Martin

hey scott, i was hoping to catch up yesterday to talk about 'our' problems with these tractors. maybe next time hey?

not sure if this is the look you want or not. i think it worked out ok for me.

have you tried anything with yours? man i wish we could all come across a bunch of nos hoods in our respective models. ( only for the powdercoaters though!!!) :hide:

Terry M

Looks real sharp Martin, Nice Job!!! :handgestures-thumbupright: :thumbs:

Rooster

Looks great, maybe some black in the hood side decal too!

clyde

1. i was never fond of the black hoods but :woohoo: thats cool! nice job!