Sign in to follow this  
redmosquito1

Spindle for 36" deck

redmosquito1

Hey guys, found a guy local to me that had a long framed plow and a 36" mower deck. Key word being had since I bought both to go under my tractor. Both are in good shape, the plow is very solid just needs some paint on the blade which I'm in the process of doing now.

The deck metal is solid but it is missing the center spindle, pulley and blade. I figured at $180 for both (he was asking $120 for each) I got the deck for $60 and what can a spindle assembly cost?

Well turns out that the spindle I need is no longer available as a whole unit and it'd cost me a few hundred to have on assembled part by part. So I'm hoping some one here can help me either locate a suitable replacement or knows of a way so I can replace all 3 on the cheap and cut my jungle of a lawn.

Model number on the deck is 95-36MR00

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Tom

whfan74

Tom,

We should have the parts you need. I will let you know tomorrow after I head out to the barn.

Scott

redmosquito1

If you do let me know. I might go look at another deck tomorrow, waiting to hear back about it. If not I'll rock the dec I bought if I can fix it. Let me know though, if you need pics of the 2 other spindles I'll get em for you

whfan74

Here are some of our 36" rear discharge deck parts that I have laid out. Let me know your thoughts.

Shoot me a PM and we can work something out for you.

36deckparts.jpg

• Like 1

Kelly

Scott, he was here today and picked up a 42" deck but he still wants to fix the other deck up but he has the old style spindles cast iron ones with the bearing cartridge that is not greasable, about a hour after he left I was loading for Mentone I spotted a deck I should have sent home with him, with the correct spindles he needs.

whfan74

If I am not mistaken there was a service bulletin suggesting to change the spindles over to the greasable ones, like I have pictured. You can either cut a hole through your current belt guards or buy some new ones.

So let me know if you would be interested in these. Also believe I have the updated belt guard covers for you.

My honest opinion would be to upgrade, but again that is just my opinion. Let me know how I can help in any way.

can whlvr

boy thats a nice stash of spindles,will those accept the 14 inch blades for a 42 side

redmosquito1

Whfan, I sincerely appreciate the help but as Kelly said I was out his way this afternoon for a sweet deal in a sweet deck.

Did my first welding today to fix a small crack on the deck and that came out awesome. After some struggles I got it mounted up, all be it about 5 min ago but I did a test pass ad it cut nicely. She is a little large for my factor and I'll have questions via pm for Kelly if he doesn't mind.

All said in done I have 2 spindles and a rotted 36" deck with blades for sale if anyone needs em

whfan74

@Don.....not quite sure if they do or not. That isn't all of my 36" parts. I have a few tubs of 42" spindles as well. Never know when you might need them or if someone else could use a set.

Kelly

I'm pretty sure the 36" spindles are shorter than the 42" ones

can whlvr

thanks guys for the reply ,sorry to hijack :hide: but its good to know these things when looking for parts