Sign in to follow this  
PPGman

Corn Anybody??

PPGman

Well, I probably jumped the gun here with the nice weather we're having in Central PA, but i planted 5 rows of sweet corn today. Calling for temps in the 60's for the next up comming week. From my farm days, we never planted corn much before may 10th; so i don't have extremely high hopes. I usually put out an acre or better so if it doesn't come up no big deal i'll just re-plant in a couple of weeks with the rest of the field. Last spring we got so much rain here that it pushed most of my planting to the end of May.

Now if i could only get some warmer evening temps, no frost, and a quick shower or two during the next two weeks. Is that asking too much?? :eusa-think:

AMC RULES

Seems like the "quick shower or two" part of the equation is going to be the challenge this year. :scratchead:

No significant rains around here in forever...and none on the horizon either. :coffee:

smoreau

It has not rained where I'm at in at least 3 weeks. Last Sun we had dust storms in the un-planted fields with the high winds. The grass was growing good and now looks like it has been burnt by the sun. Has int grown at all in the last 2 weeks

PPGman

Well today it is clouding up, calling for some showers to pass through. The weather man is saying next week temps between 60's-70's for the majority of the week. Maybe i'll get lucky and it will be out of the ground this time next week :banana-blonde: