Sign in to follow this  
neil

outragous shipping costs to UK

neil

not sue this is in the right place but here goes .

I just had a quote from UPS to have a suburban tractor hood to shipped to uk

would you believe the cost was $556.00 :confusion-confused:

what a rip off

Callen

Neil,

I would see what the US postal service can do.

Chester

Anglo Traction

I know how you feel Neil. Then there is Import duty on the Hood and on that Shipping Fee of 20%. Not sure what your prepared to pay, but may be worth checking with an Airline for a Cargo Rate. It may be cheaper?.

WH Raider10

WoW, if I want I can ship 250 KILO's to Belgium for 400 dollars. That looks way to expensive just for a hood.

I hope you find another solution Neil.

P-J

Jim_M

You could almost buy it a seat in coach on an airliner for that price.

AMC RULES

WoW, if I want I can ship 250 KILO's to Belgium for 400 dollars. That looks way to expensive just for a hood.

I hope you find another solution Neil.

P-J

250 KILO's for four hundred bucks? :teasing-poke: Seems pretty cheap to me. :dunno:

• Like 1

Lars

not sue this is in the right place but here goes .

I just had a quote from UPS to have a suburban tractor hood to shipped to uk

would you believe the cost was $556.00 :confusion-confused:

what a rip off

:eek: :eek: Wow that was expensive.... cheapest way is to use boat.. but it takes time before u get it..

For the crate whit the suburban in im paying $380.. and this contry love's taxes so i have to pay 25%in tax and about $90 for the custom/paperwork etc. so total is about $560 + - somthing..

darren

That is a ridiculous price. Have you tried Uship Neil? I had a quote of about 300 to get a snowblower shipped over here I think. I didn't bother with it at the time, but it may prove cheaper than some of the global carriers.

I've wondered in the past if there's be enough interest from the UK community to ship a half a container of WheelHorses, attachments and parts over here; there are several things that crop up fairly frequently in the US, that are so very rare or simply don't exist over here..

If there was enough to make it worthwhile, it may be a reasonable option. There are a couple of tractors and a handful of implements I'd ideally like, but the logisitics involved in getting that amount of things from different people across the US, all to a port and crated up probably makes it a non-starter.

Of course, crating to Norway and then doing a road-trip over there with a trailer is quite an appealing option. The place has always been on my to-visit list :)

I wish I was retired and had a container ship.. :)

Rooster

Your right on the cost and logistics.

To get a tractor shipped within the US cost 2/3rds as much as sending it overseas.

Getting the stuff to the container to be loaded would be expensive in itself!

varosd

I remember a old thread of one our Aussie WH fans having a whole tractor shipped from the states and it had to crated up and palletized. not sure how much that cost but usally its an issue with weight and also bulk. I miss the days of flying military and throw a couple of racks of german beer onto the back of C-130 and strapping it down, heck we brought mountain bikes and skis back one time!!

meadowfield

it's nuts! shame it's such a large item... the small ones can be secreted in luggage ! I've brought lights, mowers blades, etc back from the US with no trouble....

I can just imagine checking in my 'luggage' with 100lbs of transmission in!!!! :ychain:

SousaKerry

I work for a company with a UK plant trying to get equipment over there is a real pain in the A$$ and we do wait for an entire container of stuff going over there. The paperwork alone keeps an entire department buisy

neil

I was also quoted $1500 By UPS to ship over a RJ58 which i have bought from a guy named Joe Papke which im sure some of you guys will know him, and is still waiting to be collected from him. but im hoping to find a cheaper option , I may try your idea with uship Darren .

varosd

Remember MASH? where Radar shipped a Army Jeep home, from the Korean War, piece by piece throught the mail!!!

WH Raider10

Craig,

I really can ship 250 kilo's for 400 dollars to the harbour in Antwerpen Belgium. I can do it via my friend in the States.

P-J