Sign in to follow this  
SteveB58

My Raider 10

SteveB58

I have been mowing my lawn for the last 2 years with a lawn ranger that has a 32†deck. After last year I decided it was time for something a little bigger . But after seeing what 48†decks are going for I decided to custom build something and this is what I ended up with. The deck is a new 54†shell that is used on a Craftsman GT6000. I saw it at Glen’s Surplus and thought it would work on a Wheel Horse if I put a swept front end on it. I’m also lazy so I put a Warner electric clutch on it. As long as I don’t mow a hay field or wet grass the 10 hp Magnum works just fine.

100_0171.jpg

100_0170.jpg

100_0166.jpg

100_0165.jpg

100_0153.jpg

100_0152.jpg

Edited by CasualObserver
clickless pictures.
  • Like 1

dbartlett1958

Steve,

That looks like a great set-up. Very nice job.

David

kpinnc

Wow, that is some nice work. There is quite a bit of details there that took a lot of work to complete. Awesome job!

jusjeepn

That is S-W-E-E-E-E-T! That took a heck of a lot of work! Super nice job! Reminds me of the Challengers and Camaro's. That awesome classic look with modern technology! Love it! You sir, are an artist!

AMC RULES

:WRS:

Nice job you did with your tractor, any decals going on it? :scratchead:

Ken B

Man you did a real nice job on that, lots of nice details to look at. How much work was it to get that deck on there?

Kelly

That is sharp

ol550

Nice fit. Any plans on making a adapter kit for others? Like them BIG tires too.

massey

You did a real nice job on that.

tgranthamfd

Very Nice work.

Wheel Crazy

That's a great looking tractor!!! Great Job!! :WRS:

bowtiebutler956

That thing is Killer! :scared-eek: Beautiful work. I like the deck, but I really love the stance on your machine. :bow-blue:

Matt :flags-texas:

Zeek

That's a nice job on that! I like the look!

SteveB58

Thanks for all your comments. I’m sorry I haven’t responded earlier but I work a 12 hour shift on nights and I haven’t had the chance to get on my computer. I’m going to put decals on but I’m not finished with it yet. Making the deck fit was the easy part, getting the rear as wide as the front was the hard part. I didn’t like the way deep dish rims looked so I made axle extensions .

kpinnc

I didn’t like the way deep dish rims looked so I made axle extensions .

You have my attention now for sure. Got any pictures of this?

Hodge71

You have a really great looking machine there. Any pics of the adaptors and such would be great. The look of those balloon tires up front and in back is great. Its a real head turner....

bo dawg

That is S.U.P.E.R C.O.O.L ! Can you break it down of what you did for us? From the wheels to the deck... please!

Picture's would help too for some of us that can't always understand in writing. (me)

bo dawg

That is S-W-E-E-E-E-T! That took a heck of a lot of work! Super nice job! Reminds me of the Challengers and Camaro's. That awesome classic look with modern technology! Love it! You sir, are an artist!

There you go Pat...this one's for you! Lol

Anglo Traction

:omg: Yeah! What these Guys have already said. You've hit the Sweet Spot on style with the Forward Stance at the front and the other mods. I reckon it must ride as good as it looks.

Hydro

That is S.U.P.E.R C.O.O.L ! Can you break it down of what you did for us? From the wheels to the deck... please!

Picture's would help too for some of us that can't always understand in writing. (me)

I gotta say that is one impressive piece of machinery. We need to know more. (mower) Show us what you did! Love your ideas :greetings-clappingyellow: :thumbs:

SteveB58

Here are some more pictures of the deck and the axle extensions. The extensions are axles for a small trailer. I had a 1†hole machined in them to fit over the uni-drive axles. I drilled and tapped 2 holes for 3/8-16 set screws. I used a dremel tool with a diamond tip to cut a spot for the set screws to lock into.

I had to round off a corner of the lower steering because it hit the PTO belt when the deck was all the way up. I used a yoke on the deck lift so the lift rod would be on the center line of the tractor.

IMG_2496.jpg

IMG_2499.jpg

IMG_2501.jpg

IMG_2500.jpg

IMG_2497.jpg

IMG_2502.jpg

tgranthamfd

Got to say it again, Very nice work and beautiful tractor. Does it have the gear reduction steering, I don't know how to tell the difference. Bet it does ride nice. Good job.

eibbed

Steve,

Wow, I really like what you have done. Your tractor looks awsome!

Dave

SteveB58

Got to say it again, Very nice work and beautiful tractor. Does it have the gear reduction steering, I don't know how to tell the difference. Bet it does ride nice. Good job.

It doesn’t have the gear reduction steering on it. It would be nice to have it but the battery is in the way so it won’t fit.