Sign in to follow this  
bo dawg

is there a better wire diagram?

bo dawg

I need to repair the wiring on my SK486 its been hack up too bad for me. Is there something better than the one on the Toro site?

bo dawg

Thanks Martin!

bo dawg

i read that the SK486 wiring is similar to the 82-83 c series. this pdf might help you.

Tractor 1982-1983 C Series Wiring.pdf

I been looking at different wire diagrams on this site and the yahoo group "manuals" and nothing on an SK486. Looking at this one Martin posted, 82-83 C series, and one I found here 78-81 C series. They are different in the way the wiring is, but the same base C-series tractor.

So which one is the 82 SK486-8? I understand it is really same tractor as the later 70's models.

bo dawg

Well I have been told that I should go with the wiring diagram for 78-79 C-series for this 1982 SK486 model I have. I guess I don't understand the difference of the 2 or 3 different diagrams I found that could relate to this tractor. There's the same items but different route of the wires, but I guess they all pretty much end up at the same place on the ign. I understand the purpose of the switches, rectifier, voltage regulator, and so on... but from start to finish seems confusing. So what is this system called ?