Sign in to follow this  
Jim_M

Picked up a couple of projects

Jim_M

I picked up a couple of projects today. They've been sittin for 7 years so they both needed batteries, electrical connections cleaned, etc.

The red one is a 2005 FarmPro (Jinma) 2425, 3 cyl. diesel, 25 horse, 4WD with 69 hours.

The Orange one is a 1980 Nortrac (Belarus) 31 horse 2 cyl. diesel, 2WD with 225 hours.

I got the red one running in about an hour, runs great and everything works. I told my wife I'm going bar hopping on it tonight.

I'll attack the orange one tomorrow, should have it running fairly quick too.

1157.jpg

1158.jpg

1156.jpg

1155.jpg

bowtiebutler956

Nice find Jim,I like the orange one. :thumbs:

Matt :flags-texas:

AMC RULES

The low hour, 4wd red one is pretty spiffy too. :thumbs:

Paul D.

That red one looks like a nice machine but there is just something about those old style tractors. Wonder why I like wheel horses.

KC9KAS

Those are some serious "garden tractors"!

Jim_M

I plan to keep one and sell the other one, I haven't decided which one stays and which one goes yet. I'll have a better idea once I've heard the other one run.

I have to go back soon and pick up the rest of the deal, a 4 foot tiller, 5 foot bush hog and a 6 foot grader blade. I needed to get one of the tractors running first in order to load the implements.

darren

Nice haul Jim! Have fun getting them sorted out. The Nortrac does it for me, but I guess the Farmpro has the edge on capability. I expect as with all tractors, it may be decided by the implements!

Jim_M

The Belarus runs now too. I just came back from a little test drive. It's an animal!

Jim_M

Nice haul Jim! Have fun getting them sorted out. The Nortrac does it for me, but I guess the Farmpro has the edge on capability. I expect as with all tractors, it may be decided by the implements!

They both have cat. one 3 point and pto, so the impliments will work on either tractor. I haven't decided which one goes yet, may have to hook up the same implement on each of them and see how they compare.

AMC RULES

Sounds like fun Jim, any way we can watch them in action too? :scratchead:

Jim_M

I can get a video of them running the next time I have them out. I'm done for this weekend, my wife wants to go for a motorcycle ride today and then tomorrow we have to go away for easter.

Jim_M

I made my decision this morning. The FarmPro will fit through my garage door if I fold the ROPS, the Belarus won't, it's too tall so it's for sale.

Too bad, I think the Belarus is a much tougher tractor, weighs close to twice as much, and I found a reciept that shows it had a new clutch put in the same year that it was parked.

Rollerman

I made my decision this morning. The FarmPro will fit through my garage door if I fold the ROPS, the Belarus won't, it's too tall so it's for sale.

Too bad, I think the Belarus is a much tougher tractor, weighs close to twice as much, and I found a reciept that shows it had a new clutch put in the same year that it was parked.

Jim it may fit in your garage, but will it fit in your garage?

Both look like some pretty stout CUT's.