Sign in to follow this  
Anglo Traction

Bad Luck,Good Luck with Tyres

Anglo Traction

Found the old Raider 12 had a Flat Rear Tyre. :sad-darkcloud: The (original) Inner Tube must have sprung a leak, slowly deflated and strained the Valve.

The original Tyre(s) had a few repaired cracks as a result of sitting for upwards of 15 years before I got my Mits on it, so I thought they may not stand up to being demounted from the Rims.

Soooo, I did the usual Interweb searches and found a Pair of 'Look-a-like' substitutes for the 'Old Carlisles', A few questions to the Seller, and the correct answers came back ..... I went for them.. :pray: .. Maxxis Pro 4 ply Kevlar Belted 23" x 8.50.x 12 Turfs... and on receipt, after a quick scrub to get the dirt off, I found they still had the Paint Stripes around the circumferences and good as new !. These Retail at £127.00 each (US$ 200.).

post-3520-0-35666700-1333655446_thumb.jp

What did I pay for them?...... UK£48.00 shipped, Valved and Fitted.

The Old ones came off the Rims ok and are still good for Showing (if I get the time). so I'll keep them aside with some new Inner Tubes, then look for some Rims...........I reckon that was a result !.....for a change.

• Like 1

AMC RULES

Nice lookin' tires. :text-coolphotos:

wheeledhorseman

Bargain!

It's good to get a postive result and those tyres look great.

Andy

Raider10

Nice one, always good to grab a bargain. :)

bowtiebutler956

Good deal on the Tires! Sure would be nice to see a pic of the rest of the tractor, from the little piece I saw it's a sharp looking machine. :thumbs:

Matt :flags-texas: