Sign in to follow this  
leeave96

VICTORY!!!!!! (Updated w/Pics - Grader Blade)

leeave96

Not to many moons ago, I was ready to set one of my wheelhorse tractors on fire per this link or maybe trade it for a used MTD...

I spent some time tinkering with my 314-8 tonight and had to replace the starter solenoid. While fooling around with it, I had to remove the dash panel below the steering wheel to get a wrench on the bolts that hold the solenoid in place. I have had the dash loose before, but never messed with it much as there is a lot of wires behind it, but tonight, it had to come out or out of the way. Low and behold, there was plenty of slack on the wiring harness and I was able to move it out of the way. In doing so, I got a clear view/shot at the lift arm and the brain started kicking in gear. I finished off the solenoid installation and started looking for my grader blade again.

Long story short, I was able to easily attached the rigid link from the top and from there, installation of the grader blade was very easy.

YIPPIE!!!!!!!

Now my next question - how far off the ground is your grader blade when in the full-up position? Mine is about 1 to 1-1/2 inch from the ground. I would have thought it would be higher than that.

Thanks!

Bill

Shuboxlover

I guess that depends how long your solid link is...The solid link that a buddy of mine made for me allows the blade to be lifted about 4" off the ground. IF your link is too long, it won't lift very high.

leeave96

I guess that depends how long your solid link is...The solid link that a buddy of mine made for me allows the blade to be lifted about 4" off the ground. IF your link is too long, it won't lift very high.

Yea - this is what's got me confused. I'm using the original solid lifting rod that came new with the grader blade. It has a tad of a "Z" shape and is installed per the manual and as such would give the highest lift. The blade is so low to the ground that it might be a challenge to drive around my lumpy yard - but the yard would be level if I did... :handgestures-thumbup:

Bill

can whlvr

do you have it in the correct hole on the bell crank

leeave96

Here are some pics:

One of these is of the tractor on level concrete showing grader blade at it's highest position.

Another one shows the rigid lifting link in the top of the bell crank. I got easy access to this by removing the dash panel below the steering wheel.

The others are the grader blade in action. I'm almost finished with the gravel, but have more to do yet. It got dark so I had to quit.

Thanks!

Bill

post-6085-0-67955100-1333675674.jpg

post-6085-0-22973700-1333675722.jpg

post-6085-0-84037200-1333675722.jpg

post-6085-0-96407400-1333675880.jpg

• Like 1

AMC RULES

:woohoo: Love that grader blade. :text-coolphotos: