Sign in to follow this  
stevebo

KenB's dual 58RJ haul today

Ken B

Here is an updated pic of RJ 58 # 2 and what I have done so far.

I welded a dozen or so holes closed on the hood, did the needed body work and painted the hood. I replaced two axle seals. Dismount two good front tires on bad rims and reinstall on good rims with new tubes and repaint all of the rims. Tomm. I will tires black all of the tires and maybe this weekend I'll fire it up. My son painted his foot rests and he put them on his RJ today. Though they aren't original for this tractor he really digs em. Thanks much for the FREE stirrups Jeff! Coles loves em!

IMG_0249.jpg

IMG_0254.jpg

IMG_0251.jpg

can whlvr

nice tractors,one day ill have one

Ken B

I wrapped things up today on RJ 58 #2. I installed a new black belt from Tractor Supply because they were out of the blues which I usually use. This black belt really grabs! I let the clutch out normally and when it did hook and grab the front end came up 5 or so inches and slammed down pretty hard, in the process I wound up with a little crack in the body work around the fuel cap. Oh well, I'm gonna leave it for now. The good news is the engine runs really nice and strong and the tranny shifts smoothly. Now I need to order a few sets of decals.

Does anyone know if the front rims are on backwards?

IMG_0259.jpg

dclarke

Ken, you need to come spend a week here to finish my projects. I've been working on them for three years and none of them are done. I don't know how you do that!! Great job!! :thumbs:

rj35hunter

Ken, my opinion is that the front wheels are on backwards. 95% of all rj's I get and have seen they are on with the front valve stems pointing out & the rears in. One original brochure shows them in on the front, but I think it was a mistake. They look better out too because it changes the offset of the wheel.

Clay

Ken B

Thanks Clay, I do agree. I'm going to turn them around.