Sign in to follow this  
whtractors24

generator ?

whtractors24

Guy at toro dealer I work at has a 3500 front mount wheel horse generator what should I pay? Or should I say what is going price? Works, it's complete mount and all ? Thanks

Sparky

What are your plans for it first. You do realize it only has 120 volts output and is not suitable nor powerfull enough for powering a house in a power outage. I cant help you on the price.

Mike............

bowtiebutler956

I can't help you on its value, but I sure would like to see a picture of it. I didn't know they offered those. :wwp:

Matt :flags-texas:

gwgdog66

I can't help you on its value, but I sure would like to see a picture of it. I didn't know they offered those. :wwp:

Matt :flags-texas:

Matt,

There is one in the old picture gallery.

• Like 1

bowtieguy

I can't say what the "value" might be....depends on what tractor you are going to put it on...and does it come with the COMPLETE mounting hardware including a belt?......but I can tell you what I paid for one about 8years ago.....lets say it would take 5 big bills to buy it...it was almost a NOS unit until the shipping company almost destroyed it.....but it still works and I use it on the farm once in a while....its handy when you don' that any elec "out on the back 40". I have it mounted on a C-100 .

and it will probably stay dedicated to that tractor.

If I wanted a portable unit, I probably buy a small Honda unit....light and quiet and not a gas hog like the C-100 running at about 3/4 throttle!

But I wanted the Wheel Horse generator "just because"!!....you guys know how that works!!

• Like 1

Hydro

I have been accumulating over the winter and have bought a welder and some other goodies as I would like to build a generator too. I have a small portable genny problem is I don't use it enough and with the gas we have today even with stabil in it I have to take it in for repairs next week. Probably gummed up or whatever from the alcohol. My thoughts are that I have my Wheel Horse in running condition every day not that I use it that much but it's running at least weekly so even though it will be alot harder on gas than a portable, I feel I can depend on it more.

The frame mount looks easy to fab and I have the dimensions from an older post. I would love to have a Wheel Horse one but doubt that's possible up here. :flags-canada:

can whlvr

not to rain on your pararde gary but does the genny hook dirctly to the motor,which is the only way ive seen them,if so the genny head isnt designed to have a pulley on it,wrong bearings,they arent meant for that type of force,or maybe you are thinkong of selling the genny and purchase a genny head that is set up with a puleey allready,thats the way the wheelhorse one is

Hydro

Thanks Don, yes I know I need to buy a generator head. I've been looking. I may get one from the US maybe... Harbour Freight. Princess Auto does not carry them. I'm thinking about 6000-7500 watts. It will be one of my projects once the weather warms up a bit and I get through with the usual spring maintenance around the yard.

jay in nc

go to non tractor relatrd disc. forum ,topic ,the toys by wheelhorse24 has a nice pic of his c with generator att. Jay

Paul D.

I am planning on making one with an existing gen set that was directly attached to the motor. I know they are not designed for side force but I am planning on using a couple of pillow block to take all of the side force. You can pick them up for less than $15 at most farm stores

KC9KAS

Paul...I was thinking a pulley driven shaft with pillow blocks and the shaft being a direct drive for the generator too!

Hydro

There were two available in the classified section this morning.