Sign in to follow this  
bowtiedan79

Tiller attachment

bowtiedan79

Hi all :)

I'm new to the forum, so bear with me as I get acclimated, please.

My dad had a Whell Horse when I was a growing up, so after I bought a tractor and the transaxel blew out on me, I remembered how solid the old wheel Horse tractors were and i went and found one :)

I have a 310-8 model tractor and I have been lookng for a tiller attachment for it for a while now. I posted an ad on Craigslist and a guy replied that he has one that he used on his C-175 model.

So, three questions....

Will that work on mine?

How much is it worth?

Does anyone have one that you are looking to part with?

gwgdog66

:WRS: The tiller should fit in the mid tach-a-matic hitch. The 310-8 is based on the same frame as the C-175. You will more than likely have to add a rocker deal under the seat pan for strength. As far as worth goes, it depends on how good a shape the tiller is and if all the parts are there.

bowtiedan79

Awesome; thanks for the reply. I'll check it out and see what kind of shape it is in and go from there :)

I'm sure I'll be back with plenty more questions! Thanks again for the reply!

Kelly

Yes it will fit right on your tractor, be sure to get all the parts to it, like the mid pulleys, it;s just a bar about a 1' long with pulleys on the end, get the belt they are not cheap, you will also need the axle bracket to m ount the tiller to the rear of the tractor, the rockshaft under the seat is not a real big deal, but makes lifting the tiller easier, again it is a piece of steel bar stock about 6" wide with a piece of flat stock welded to it with either slots or a hole in it, also 2 bushings, the cable and tube for the cable, on the ends of the cable should be a tunnion and on the other end is a clevis.

As for price see if the tines are worn out, they should curve at the bottom with about 2" after the bend, and bee some what square on the ends when new, I have one here that is worn to the bend and the tines come to a point, leaking oil is not a big deal unless when you turn it it makes noise, most of the tillers I've had all leaked.

$300 to 500 is going rate for good usable tillers near me that are complete but good deals can be found, missing parts can cost as much as a good deal like the mid pulleys bring around $100 used, belt from Toro is $60 you get the idea.