Sign in to follow this  
Paul D.

possible Echange on 36" tiller

Paul D.

So I have my tiller installed with a turnbuckle in place of a chain to increase the amount of travel I have. I am still only getting about 3-4" of ground clearance when it's up all the way. Which under normal circumstances would be plenty but I am planning on loading my tractor up on a trailer so I can till up the gardens at my inlaws and my brothers houses. The only thing keeping me from being able to raise it up higher is the pulley bracket on the tiller that hits the back of the trans. case.

arrow.jpg

This isn't a pic of my tractor its one I borrowed from another post. My pulley seems to be closer to the trans case than this one. What I am considering doing is remaking the bracket that holds the pulley with the arrow drawn to it and making it more like this

echange.jpg

Has anyone else tried this to increase ground clearance? Or does anyone have a better idea?

can whlvr

i use long planks to load mine on my trailer

jachady

Here's a picture of my tiller in the up position. I have about 6-7 inches of clearance. I used a oil can for reference. I still have another two inches of "up give" before the pulley hits the rear attachment bracket.

IMAG0476.jpg

IMAG0475.jpg

I don't believe I have anything hooked up special to get this clearance but maybe some one will see something that will help you out. I do not have the under seat pivot, I just go direct from the lift cable to the tiller.

Paul D.

Wow. That is up there. I'm only getting about 3 to 4" before the pulley bracket is bottomed out on my transmission. What tranny do you have? Wonder if it's smaller than what mine is. Mine is a sundstrand.

jachady

I've got an 8 speed. That could be your problem. If it is, I don't see any reason changing the bracket won't work. Just make sure the belt won't hit it.

One other thing to try would be to position the rear attachment brackets vertically instead of horizontally. I have seen them mounted that way before. It would move the pivot point back giving you more clearance. But then you would need a longer belt.

Rollerman

Paul how is your rear axle attachment bracket set up?

The two tillers I use are both "franken tillers", but each use an odd bracket that favors the back side of the axle.

Can you get a picture of yours.....curious?

Paul D.

I ended up making my own bracket but I had dimensions from other members so I believe it's fairly accurate.

From the side

For some reason it's not letting me post pics from my phone right know and I am out of town for the weekend. I will try to get some up Sunday night hen I get home.