Sign in to follow this  
dw753

Will an air cleaner cover from a 12hp kohler fit a 8hp kohler?

dw753

Will an air cleaner cover from a 12hp kohler fit a 8hp kohler? Need an 8hp air cleaner cover and found a 12hp but don't want to have it shipped here if it won't fit

WH854

Will an air cleaner cover from a 12hp kohler fit a 8hp kohler? Need an 8hp air cleaner cover and found a 12hp but don't want to have it shipped here if it won't fit

NO! Try Kelly(vender) on RS

Chas

Hodge71

Really Chas? I might be showing my incomplete knowledge base but I could have sworn all air cleaner covers from Kohler's K series engines from 8-20 hp were interchangeable. My K482 had one from a 10 on it and it fit just fine. The air cleaner stuck out of the bottom a bit because of the taller filter, but it still was the right circumference and ran just fine until I got the proper one for the restoration of my 18 auto. I'm not saying your wrong, just wondering which ones interchange.

TT

Chas is correct.....

The K-90 thru K-181 engines have a smaller diameter air cleaner.

The K-181 also (normally) uses a "deeper" cover due to a taller filter element.

Kelly

Yes they take the small air cleaner, if you need the deep one I should have a few, I don't have any narrow ones to sell, but the deep one can be cut down, but as TT said most K181's use the deep one.

Hodge71

Thanks for straightening my ignorance TT and Kelly. I now know the rest of the story....