Sign in to follow this  
Andrew Asbury

LT1642 Loaded Tires or not

Andrew Asbury

I am wondering if I can or should load the tires on my LT1642 to grive me a little better "bite" when mowing, rolling and aerating. Is it really worth it? The tires have tubes in the and how do you pump the water/ washerfluid or liquid itno the tires? I was thinking about wheel weights but my model does not support nor offer them. Any insight would be much appreciated.

• Like 1

Sparky

I think the only way to add weight(to gain traction) is to use wheel weights or filled tires so your on the right track with your LT. Adding weight brackets that hang off the back will surely destroy the aluminum transaxle prematurely.

Why do you say your model tractor doesnt support wheel weights. What size are the rear rims and are there a couple unused holes in them? I know Sears Craftsman offers wheel weights for their smaller machines with 10" rear rims.

Mike...........

Kelly

It should have 8" rear wheels, I would add wheel weights not fill the tires that way you can remove them if needed, like Mike said do your rims have 2 small holes in the middle of the rim? I have weights to fit the 8" rear wheels if you need them.

AMC RULES

PM sent Andy.

:WRS:

Andrew Asbury

I looked last night and I have 10" wheels with two smaller holes that look like a place to add weights. Does anyone have any and about how much do they weight?