Jake Kuhn

Already starting on another project(L157 lawn ranger)

AMC RULES

Soooooooo... :wh: nice.   :bow-blue:

GO JAKE GO! 

• Like 1

Terry M

Dang Jake,  that Lawn Ranger is looking really Nice!! :handgestures-thumbupright:   :bow-blue:  Makes me want to get to work on a couple of my Lawn rangers!!!      Keep us updated with pictures!!!! :)

• Like 1

roscoemi

Jake, we used a bronze bushing from Menards on the steering column on P'Chops Ranger. I left it long as he uses the wheel to get on and off it, just a little more support in that area. What did you sand your steering wheel with? Have any pics of it done? Tractor is looking good! :handgestures-thumbupright: Are you going to paint the lettering on the hood?

Edited by roscoemi

Jake Kuhn

Thanks guys...I will have to look into one of those bushings. I wet sanded it starting with 220 and worked my way up to 2000...however I may end up painting it. My dad restored a steering wheel at the shop a couple weeks ago and it turned out really nice, he just rough sanded it and then primed and sanded it and painted it black.

Edited by Jake Kuhn

Ken B

Lookin good Jake!

Fun Engineer

Lookin good Jake!

I agree. Jake you do nice work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Jake Kuhn

Didn't spend a whole lot of time on the ranger today, but got the wiring done, and hooked the motor up and put the dash decal on. Also found a bronze bushing in my NOS parts that worked perfect so I spend most my time tearing it back apart to get the dash back off. lol. Not a whole lot left to do on it, will probably have to work at the farm tomorrow, but I think I can for sure have it going on sunday. Here's a couple more pictures.

post-4240-0-55930400-1397869436_thumb.jp

post-4240-0-65883900-1397869439_thumb.jp

post-4240-0-53255900-1397869442_thumb.jp

post-4240-0-10240200-1397869445_thumb.jp

• Like 2

rwilson

Looks good Jake.

• Like 1

Jake Kuhn

Got to spend a little time on the ranger today....finally got it on all 4's again.  Most of my time was in fixing previous mistakes of assembly...had to take the motor off again because I ran the oil drain on the wrong side, and also realized I put the dash on wrong again and its sitting a little sideways, but I think it will be ok..as there is a little play in the hood. Otherwise I basically have to take the whole tractor back apart which I really don't want to do even though I should. Found out my throttle cables don't match which was dissapointing when they came together as a set, so I will order one that will match the choke cable at a different date....anyways as far as good things I did get the belt guard, back wheels, fenders and started running the throttle cables. Here's a updated picture.

post-4240-0-44961400-1397955728_thumb.jp

post-4240-0-45738400-1397955731_thumb.jp

post-4240-0-83719500-1397955733_thumb.jp

post-4240-0-19315200-1397955737_thumb.jp

• Like 4

dclarke

Like those tires, Jake. :thumbs: Lookin good! 

• Like 2

rwilson

Looks good Jake.

groundhog47

Gee manetly, what great work! :greetings-clappingorange:

Terry M

Coming along nice Jake :handgestures-thumbupright: !!   Thanks for the pics... :)