Jake Kuhn

Already starting on another project(L157 lawn ranger)

Jake Kuhn

Well,very small update. No pics yet,but the front axle,clutch and foot rests are painted now. The rear wheels are blasted and need glass beaded. I've been working on sanding the frame,it needs a couple more hrs but its close to being done. Also got some goodies for it

frame needs a little more sanding and it will be ready

DSCN0246.jpg?t=1346246887

front rims glass beaded

DSCN0247.jpg?t=1346246887

guess I'm just gonna paint these black,not gonna spend a ton of money on getting them chromed

DSCN0248.jpg?t=1346246887

the goodies, also have a set of hubcaps and decals for it in the house LOL

DSCN0249.jpg

• Like 3

Wheel Crazy

Looks good Jake!!

Jake Kuhn

Frame is sanded and ready to be painted now! Now just gotta wait until my dad has some time to spray it and the trans and I can start assembly! hood and motor will have to wait until the winter or late fall though. Jake

HorseFixer

Looks good Jake :thumbs2: what kinda Paint Supplies you useing? and brand of parts on yer engine rebuild?

~Duke

Jake Kuhn

Thanks duke! Its all painted at the body shop. And its primered first,then a guide coat is sanded off until its good until 320 grit. Its then painted with base coat, clear coat car paint. The parts are just whatever the kit sells on ebay. I think they are stens,but I'm not sure. These are the same parts I used on the deere 60 and had great luck with them. Jake

AMC RULES

Share a link to the ebay seller Jake?

Jake Kuhn

ebay link http://www.ebay.com/itm/fits-Tecumseh-H60-V60-engine-rebuild-kit-/120974703745?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c2aa77c81 (Mods if I can't do this feel free to take it down, I would post the number but I don't know how to find it)

Jake Kuhn

Well here is the frame all finished and ready to be sprayed along with all the finished parts. ~Jake

DSCN0267.jpg

DSCN0285.jpg

Ken B

Looks good Jake. Is this a family owned body shop or a shop local?

Jake Kuhn

Ken, My parents own the body shop. My dad's worked there since he was 8 years old! ~Jake

• Like 1

Jake Kuhn

here are the hubcaps, decals, and the new seat cushion I bought for it this spring at mentone, (its inside out in the picture) ~Jake

DSCN0286.jpg

DSCN0287.jpg

DSCN0288.jpg

• Like 1

Wheel Crazy

Looks good Jake! Have you picked out what tractor do you plan on restoring next?

Jake Kuhn

Well, its been a long time since I updated this thread. Been very busy just trying to get some of the new tractors running. The frame, seat pan were painted about a month ago. Yesterday, the fender pan, and transmission got painted. I'll try to get some pics of those on monday. Here's a pic of the frame, and the other parts.~Jake

DSCN0683.jpg

AMC RULES

That's gonna be one fine lookin' :wh: machine Jake, can't wait to see that one come back together.

Ken B

That is gonna be real sweet when finished Jake. Do you plan on working for the family body shop when the time comes?

dclarke

Lookin good Jake! :thumbs:

• Like 1

Jake Kuhn

That is gonna be real sweet when finished Jake. Do you plan on working for the family body shop when the time comes?

Thanks everyone for the nice comments! Ken, theres a very good possibility I will when I'm older. Someones gonna have to take it over, and my brother has no interest at all.

AMC RULES

I don't know who's blessed more Jake, you or your dad. :)

• Like 2

HorseFixer

Looks good Jake! :handgestures-thumbupright: Comming along nicely.

~Duke

Jake Kuhn

Fender pan painted. Sorry I did not get any pics of the trans, I will when I get it home. Thanks, Jake

DSCN0705.jpg

Kelly

Looks good Jake, I have to ask are you doing all the work, and painting??

Terry M

Looks Good Jake. !!! :handgestures-thumbupright:

Jake Kuhn

Thanks for the comments guys! Kelly, I'm doing everything but spraying it. Its getting very close, Need to get the engine to our motor buddy to have him rebuild it, get the gas tank painted, get the wheels to the powder coater,and work on a hood and it should be finished. ~Jake

Lars

Looks good Jake.. keep it up--

Jake Kuhn

very very very slow progress. Last week we took the engine apart and got it cleaned up. We dropped it off at the small engine shop on tuesday to get the valves ground. Hope to get it back soon so we can drop it off with our buddy and he can put it back together for us. After we get the motor complete we can probably start putting it back together again. Here is a picture after I had everything cleaned up. ~Jake

DSCN10101_zps282261cf.jpg