Sign in to follow this  
546cowboy

I just couldn't let this Commando 800 pass.

546cowboy

Well I know you have all seen this tractor but I just had to go get it. The guy did a really nice job with the whole tractor. Good job with the drive train, suspension and the steering. Hated to take this for the price but I do have plans for it already. Drives OK but the accelerator pedal needs some work. The brakes aren't working right now but I have years of brake experience with GM. Yes it has Chevy truck rear disc brakes. Here are a few more pictures.

post-1334-0-65672200-1332711779_thumb.jp

post-1334-0-15033700-1332711800_thumb.jp

post-1334-0-06394900-1332711816_thumb.jp

post-1334-0-88979500-1332711849_thumb.jp

• Like 1

AMC RULES

I think it's pretty neat...hope we get to see an action video at some point. :popcorn: Good luck with it. :thumbs:

Retired Wrencher

:USA: :wh: Ahhhh So you are the one bid on this tractor Very Different. Gary B....

Jake Kuhn

That is a neat tractor! How about a video of it in action? Jake

bowtiebutler956

So your the guy that bought it. I had it on my :techie-ebay: watch list, just for the fun of it. My kids would love that thing, awe who am I kidding, so would I. Looks like fun, a video would be real nice. :text-datsphatyo::wicked:

Matt :flags-texas:

546cowboy

I had tried to buy it when he had it on CL but he would not come off $800. When I saw it on Ebay it was started at $350 and no bids and I couldn't resist since it was relatively close (60 miles). Got it home and drove it around a little. I have some plans for it but it may be a while before I can get to it. If I can find someone to run the camera I may post some video. I sent four tractors to new owners this week-end so I need to get some more ready. You know strike while the iron's hot as they say. Actually there was another bidder but he only bid once.

Wheel-N-It

Definetly looking forward to seeing what you do with this.

dsholler

You need to fabricate a roll-bar :)

COMMANDO1

I would love to see a much bigger engine in it.....lot of space to fill. I acually thought about buying myself. PS. did u get that deck all cleaned up you got from me?

546cowboy

You know I've been busy Commando1 and haven't cleaned it up yet and as luck would have it, I bought yours and darned if I didn't pick up two 42" decks after that. Seems to go that way, didn't have a 42 for a year, buy one and end up with three. By the way one of them is a rear discharge that you wanted. You'll have to cruise on over.

As far as a bigger engine, I have been thinking about that myself, say a twin with two exhaust stacks??????? I have an 18 Briggs and a 20 Briggs hummmmmm! I am going to have to build me a couple steps too, big step up. There are quite a few modifications or improvements I have in mind, so I guess it could become an on-going project. But thanks to John (PO) I have a good starting tractor.

Pollack Pete

I saw that tractor the other day on Evil Bay.i called the squaw over to the computer to take a look at it.All she said was " cool ".I think it's a lot more than cool.If it wasn't so far from me,I would have bid on it.Good luck with your new toy.

546cowboy

OK after a little closer inspection the 14.5 engine had an oil leak, the crankshaft seal was leaking some oil. Since it was leaking I just had to change the engine. It now has a 20 hp. Briggs twin and if I can find those extra exhaust pipes I have some where in my shop, I am planning on twin stacks on this beast. Those pipes bolt to the heads and run to the single muffler, one pipe on each side so it shouldn't be too difficult to fab a couple pipes.

Looks better already. :wub::auto-layrubber:

Found those pipes you know right where I wouldn't forget.

post-1334-0-22444200-1332796299_thumb.jp

post-1334-0-14023500-1332796308_thumb.jp

post-1334-0-49402500-1332796319_thumb.jp

• Like 1