Sign in to follow this  
Teamreddog

Electro 12 automatic

Teamreddog

I have been looking for a deck for my dads c10 wheelhorse and I saw this tractor forsale on craiglist and it had a deck. So I went and looked at it and the paint was rough but the rest looked ok. The deck I wasnt sure it is would mount right because it didnt have the quick connect up front. Well I wheeled and dealed not knowing much about the model and got the tractor. Snowblower, and mowing deck for $85. I went home got my trailer and was trying to figure out how to take the snow blower off and disengage the hydrostatic drive. So I thought what the heck lets put some gas in and see if it will start. they said they didnt know if it would. So a little checking of the fluids and some fresh gas and it started. So I lifted the blower to the up position drove it on the trailer and brought it home. They one thing that didnt work was the electric clutch but I didnt have a battery hooked up and started it by jumping it. So anyone that can point me to figuring out what year it is and a manual for it so I know how to make everything work it would be grately appreciated. I think i got a heck of a find. I think it is mid to early 70's from what I know about wheel horses.I will post some pics as soon as I figure out how

http://www.flickr.com/photos/27720042@N03/2647505383

http://www.flickr.com/photos/27720042@N03/.../in/photostream

http://www.flickr.com/photos/27720042@N03/.../in/photostream

nylyon

Wow, that for $85? Looks like you stole that one. On the left side above the hydraulic valve there may be a tag with the model number, that will tell us what the year of this is. I am guessing at 1970 though.

B) glad you found us!

Clickless

2647505383_8ca06131b0.jpg

2648336610_77b5d05986.jpg

2647506335_7dbf418cb3.jpg

Teamreddog

looks like it say 1 7255

nylyon

Yup, that's a 1970, the last year of the Electro. You did good, very good on that one! The hubcaps (cleaned up) are worth that alone.

TT

Karl.... you're getting GOOD ! B)

Sparky

Karl!! You nailed it! Its a 1970.

Mike............

Teamreddog

Now I need to find someone near flint that can tech me how the mower deck hooks up lol..I think it has a bad pulley...It was laying upside down under a tree B) But I have always wanted a WH. I love the old Kohler engines in them and well I grew up riding my dads. He told me one day at about 2 years old I jibber jawed something at him and he said ok what ever...Only to see me coming out of the barn on his tractor lol Thanks for the help on the year

nylyon

The deck should hook up similar to the way your dad's C series does except for how the mower belt is run. The Electro that I had was converted to the front tach-a-matic so I have never run the belt. I know that the other guys here will know how to hook up the deck.

TT

Eldon (kj4kicks) has some really good pictures of the belt routing on his all-original 1077.

Whatever you do, keep the water out of the flywheel area - your tractor has a solid-state ignition that will fry the trigger module if it gets wet! B)

Teamreddog

Thanks everyone I am excited I wish it wasnt dark out lol I would be out playing.

Teamreddog

It is a 12 volt battery in it right...I jumped it to start it. I dont want to blow that expensive ignition on it. I am guessing there is a transistor that brings the voltage down?

nylyon

It's 12V, you can put in a lawn and garden tractor battery and it should be fine.

T-Mo

Teamreddog,

:whistle: Not a bad looking Electro. Enjoy your tractor and enjoy the site. B)

Kelly

Are you in Flint MI.? We are having a get together this sat. at my house and flint is only about a hour drive if you would like to come? more info on the bottom of the home page, or click the heading at the top thanks to Karl.

That is a very nice tractor you have there, a steal fot the price.

Teamreddog

Yea I am in Flint, MI and Just helped a friend buy a wheel horse to. He was looking at tractors and I said get a WH with an old kohler engine in it you cant go wrong. Well he got his before me his is a C125....But I think I got the better deal lol

I saw the meet and greet.....I might make it. I am debating. I am supposed to go to Cherry Fest to jump my dog. I have a dock diving dog that does over 18' but my new acusition was my gas money to get home. So can I give you a maybe on that. I think it would be nice to talk with some WH people and get advice on what needs regular checking on my new WH and how to rig up the mower lol.

If you want to see a pic of the dog and what dock diving is

www.teamreddog.net

Teamreddog

Oh and how long did they put cigarette lighters on them? Mine still has the insert. Also is the elctric clutch ran off the accesories switch or how do you engage it?

Teamreddog

looks like me and my tractor will make it tomorrow. Still having some isuues with the electric PTO engager. It will engage some times but not every time. Maybe there is a way to lube it?

Teamreddog

Thanks to everyones help and generosity on here. I am now up and mowing. Minus a new set of blades. Made one good deck out of 2. Changed oil, trany fluid and filter, mounted the deck. (not as easy as it looks the suggestion to switch over to a mule drive and attachamatic might be a good idea lol.

Now for a sanding and a painting sometime later this summer and I should have a good looking little machine

Again thanks to everyone for the help and parts.

Rollerman

Thom sorry I could not help you more up at Kelly's that weekend.

Those late 60's era decks are kind of a pain.....You'll find if you do make the swap out to the later attach a matic system your going to like it a lot better & have more parts readily available.

Seems like every tractor I have owned of that era...the cast iro half moon B) was broke at some point & repaired.

Kelly

Like I said when you were here, there is a tread on how to make a front quick hitch from a newer tractor.