Sign in to follow this  
redidbull

Chain Drive Tiller

redidbull

I have the opportunity to get an old chain driven tiller. I have never seen a tiller hooked to a WH but I am pretty sure it is a belt drive. Do the tillers hook off the front PTO with a large belt or is there something else. I would think I could replace the sprocket with a pulley. Thanks. for any help. Jim

KC9KAS

Yes, they use a long belt and are driven off of the engine (PTO). You will also need some type of idler pulleys mounted below the PTO, and inline with the tiller.

jnbbkwsk

If you have a smaller WH (B series, C series etc.) the tillers are belt driven with a 5/8 v belt. There's a lot more you'll need besides the belt, tiller and tractor to make it work though. For example , (depending on your tiller model and tractor model) you might also need: mid mount pulleys, cable running from lift bar to tiller, axle mounting gear, hitch clevis, helper spring.

redidbull

I have a 73 No name 12HP auto. I am going to look at this. It is chain driven and mounts to a sleeve hitch. 75 bucks seemed decent if I could make it work. Thanks for the help. Jim

post-4439-0-19331400-1332546534.jpg

post-4439-0-50840400-1332546542.jpg

redidbull

I ended up getting it for 50 bucks. I now just need to get a couple pulleys and try to mount it. This weeks after work project. Jim