Sign in to follow this  
farmer

Horse loves Beans

farmer

:coffee:

The winter beans I grow as green cover in the garden got the 'chop' tonight, so I tried my hand at a short video. :popcorn:

Listen out for the diesel,..... have sympathy for the driver,......green greasy crop + grade + turf tyres = poor traction, well that's my excuse. :ychain:

=
  • Like 1

squonk

Do not stand down wind from that horse! :ychain:

meadowfield

You need a longer run up ! :P

AMC RULES

Impressive...ate up all those legumes, and didn't break wind once. :ychain:

bowtiebutler956

Looks like you could use a set of AG tires. I do like the diesel! :thumbs:

Matt :flags-texas:

tgranthamfd

Chains would be good right there, but looked like you did ok. At least you got in some seat time, right? :thumbs:

fabricator2009

Love the countryside.

Wheel-N-It

Looks like you could use a set of AG tires. I do like the diesel! :thumbs:

Matt :flags-texas:

Rex. I like the diesel too. What kind of diesel is it? Did you do the motor swap yourself? Reason I'm asking is I have a 520 that needs a new engine. I just aquired a 12 horsepower Kohler, but it would be much nicer to have a diesel. Does yours have electric start?

Thank you Rex. Have a good day!

Van

farmer

Van,

I can't take credit for the engine, Its original. :wh:

The tractor is a 512-D made in the US in 1986, they were built for the european market, the engine is a 8 1/2 hp Robin.

It has electric start...and it goes like a train. :auto-layrubber:

There are a few pictures in the gallery. :)

Several members have swapped over to diesel, Massey for example for his Track Horse. Lots of info in his 'Wheel Horse Dozer' thread.

Hope this helps :thumbs:

leeave96

Nice looking video. I've got a 42 inch rear discharge deck that really works great in tall grass or mowing down the garden. With the open rear, there is nothing to clog and I ain't running over previous clippings as I would with a side discharge.

Good luck,

Bill

WH Raider10

Looking good! Love that diesel at idle! tak,tak,tak,... :)

6wheeler

The two horses in the background were talkin' " Oh great, He's gonna embarrass us again.... Move out of the picture". :teasing-whipyellow: I think one was even covering his face :ychain:. Nothing like that going on here yet. Although, I have been grubbing out about a 3/4 acre willow patch for my new garden with the bobcat. So, when I get all the parts to put the hitch on the 520, We'll be plowin'..... Can't wait :banana-tux:

Hydro

Am I right in noticing that lack of smoke when the engine was under load? The Chinese diesels I have seen really put out clouds when under a load yet your Robin didn't seem to.

Wheel-N-It

Van,

I can't take credit for the engine, Its original. :wh:

The tractor is a 512-D made in the US in 1986, they were built for the european market, the engine is a 8 1/2 hp Robin.

It has electric start...and it goes like a train. :auto-layrubber:

There are a few pictures in the gallery. :)

Several members have swapped over to diesel, Massey for example for his Track Horse. Lots of info in his 'Wheel Horse Dozer' thread.

Hope this helps :thumbs:

Rex,I knew nothing of the 512-D. I have learned something new today, thank you for replying back to me regarding your WheelHorse. I do think it would be fun to install a diesel in the 520. A trip to Northern Tool may be in order to look at them sitting on the shelf, and to see if the old Onan PTO will fit on the diesel crankshaft. It will be alot of fun bringing the 520 back to life. That may be a next Winter project though as there is always so many other things that have to be done around here when the weather is warm. Todays thing to do was till the garden, and make firewood out of a tree I cut down Sunday evening.

And BTW, thank you for posting the video.

Van

farmer

:text-thankyouyellow: For the comment's fella's,

Bill, I agree about the deck, I have a SD as well but pefer the RD, you can mow back and forth without leaving swath's and there's no shoot to think about. :thumbs:

PJ, the engine sounds great, (with ear muff's on). :lol:

Gary, there is a 'whisp' of smoke, if I can load it down enough, but that's not easy, (something like a snowblower would find it out). :confusion-shrug:

Van, I would suggest you post about your 520 swap over, (lots of well informed members only to happy to help you out). :twocents-twocents: